Menu

Memory work programs based on WTM?

Do you know of any Memory work programs/kits based on WTM. I am currently using Catholic Schoolhouse and think it is well done except it does not match with the WTM learning cycles. I have heard the same regarding Classical Conversations and Classically Catholic. 

Are you aware of a timeline/memory work based on WTM?  Since there are several recommendations of WTM for each grade/subject area-is it simply best to make your own? If so, has anyone done this?

Thanks!

Ever since I first read your question a couple of days ago, I've been trying to remember the name of the memory book written by an older member of this board a while back. I don't know if it was actually based on WTM or just a compilation of good memory work. It used to be on my Amazon wish list, but I took it off. If I remember it, I'll post again.

Ever since I first read your question a couple of days ago, I've been trying to remember the name of the memory book written by an older member of this board a while back. I don't know if it was actually based on WTM or just a compilation of good memory work. It used to be on my Amazon wish list, but I took it off. If I remember it, I'll post again.

I think you mean Living Memory by Drew Campbell.

It's awesome!

OP, are you looking for what specific content to memorize for each year?

WTM itself has lists for each year. :D Of course, you find the specifics in the recommended resources--for example, Kingfisher has the kings' lists. But you knew that, yes?

I used Hannah's homeschool helps on the yahoo group of the same name (someone link?). She made cards with sentences on them for history, and memory sentences. But that was only for history.

I'm not sure how WTM-ish you want...but here is what we do:

I made up my own history sentences/songs for SOTW Volume 1.   They are really cheesy songs, but my kids LOVE them.    In addition to that we also memorize the CC timeline song for history.    I **NEED** to get it together and post my memory work on my blog.  

For geography, we practice the locations mentioned in SOTW on a map. 

For science,  I also made up my own science sentences to go with RSO Earth and Space.   (That is what we are using this year.)  

For grammar, we use the lists/definitions from FLL for memory work. 

For poetry, we use IEW Linguistic development through poetry memorization program.  (We do not memorize the poems from FLL because I like the IEW picks better. ;) ) 

For Bible, we memorize scripture using the Seeds Family worship songs.  (I highly recommend those!)   We also memorize some of the other lists and things in the Bible Study for All Ages program. 

Do you know of any Memory work programs/kits based on WTM. I am currently using Catholic Schoolhouse and think it is well done except it does not match with the WTM learning cycles. I have heard the same regarding Classical Conversations and Classically Catholic. 

Are you aware of a timeline/memory work based on WTM?  Since there are several recommendations of WTM for each grade/subject area-is it simply best to make your own? If so, has anyone done this?

Thanks!

I think Classically Catholic Memory is pretty close to WTM. They combine physics/chemistry into one year & do two years of Life Science in their four year rotations, but it is different life science material.

Hannah (of Hannah's helps) has a "Grammar Stage Memorization" ebook available free for download on Lulu, but I'm not sure it is what you are looking for.

I'm not sure how WTM-ish you want...but here is what we do:

I made up my own history sentences/songs for SOTW Volume 1.   They are really cheesy songs, but my kids LOVE them.    In addition to that we also memorize the CC timeline song for history.    I **NEED** to get it together and post my memory work on my blog.  

For geography, we practice the locations mentioned in SOTW on a map. 

For science,  I also made up my own science sentences to go with RSO Earth and Space.   (That is what we are using this year.)  

For grammar, we use the lists/definitions from FLL for memory work. 

For poetry, we use IEW Linguistic development through poetry memorization program.  (We do not memorize the poems from FLL because I like the IEW picks better. ;) ) 

For Bible, we memorize scripture using the Seeds Family worship songs.  (I highly recommend those!)   We also memorize some of the other lists and things in the Bible Study for All Ages program. 

And you need to post a link to your blog! Please?