Menu

What can I make for a reunion that's gluten/dairy/egg free?

ksr5377

And preferably not a dessert.  I am new to eating this way, only about 2 months, and I am going to a reunion tomorrow.  At the last potluck event I went to I was asked to bring a dessert.  I thought about taking something else I would be able to eat, but figured that with the variety there would be enough options for me.  WRONG!  Why is there mayonnaise or cheese in everything?  There's electricity so I could crockpot something.

What about something like an apple crumble with a nut topping?

Edited to add - I apparently can't read... You said not a dessert... Will keep thinking.

Potato salad with vegan mayo? Or vinegar based dressed?

Roasted potatoes (cut up potatoes and onions and toss with salt, pepper, olive oil, herbs and bake)

Chili

Soup - gazpacho is nice in the summer... Or something like cioppino with seafood in it?

How about a crock pot full  of shredded beef tacos?  Bring some gluten-free tortillas for you and regular ones for everyone else (to keep the cost down).

I don't eat gluten-free, but this is a really delicious recipe

http://glutenfreecooking.about.com/od/entrees/r/glutenfreetacos.htm

Or how about a nice crock pot full of chili?  Easy to make gluten free

http://vegetarian.about.com/od/soupsstewsandchili/r/blackbeanchili.htm

Paleo recipes will be gluten and dairy free. Should be easy to find main-dish type things without egg. Oodles of Paleo recipes on Pinterest.

Hummus and veggie platter

Big salad--you could do a chopped antipasto salad without cheese

BBQ or baked chicken can be served room temp

Chili

Guacamole

Sautéed or marinated mushrooms (these are always a hit for some reason)

Brownies from cravings place mix

Tossed green salad, pre-dressed with balsamic vinaigrette.

Applesauce

Tuna salad --use olive oil instead if mayo for binder. And you can stuff tomatoes with this too

Baked chicken breasts

Rice -- bring gluten-free soy sauce

Pickles

Burgers.

Trader Joes hash browns. Alexis hash browns.

The honey baked lentil recipe that I got off this board would work. Just substitute tamari soy sauce for the regular soy sauce in the recipe.

Here is a link to the thread with the recipe and quite a few others as well: http://forums.welltrainedmind.com/topic/337401-pls-share-your-favorite-lentil-recipes-thanks/?hl=%2Blentil&do=findComment&comment=3678497

Pulled pork or pulled chicken cooked in a slow cooker with vinegary cole slaw, served on top of rice crackers or a gluten free bun

Spring rolls in rice paper wrap with fresh herbs and vegetables and chicken or tofu

Antipasti plate- salami, prosciutto, roasted red pepper, sun dried tomatoes, gluten free crackers, cornichons, olives, artichokes