Menu

My dog was eating...(squeamish beware)

Ginevra

We won't talk about the used female product I just had to take out of Willow's mouth. Yuck what was I saying about dogs being gross?

Gak. That might be worse. I had to get the snow shovel to chuck that carcass over the fence (into the woods). I don't want to look at his face right now because it might be...evident. I shut him in his pen. Dh can inspect him later. Blech.

Gak. That might be worse. I had to get the snow shovel to chuck that carcass over the fence (into the woods). I don't want to look at his face right now because it might be...evident. I shut him in his pen. Dh can inspect him later. Blech.

Eww does he like bath's? I guess it he does not that's dh's problem right?   Why do we own dogs?

Eww does he like bath's? I guess it he does not that's dh's problem right? Why do we own dogs?

Totally dh's problem!

I do sometimes wonder that.

Isn't it odd how it always tends to surprise us (not to mention gross us out) when we catch our dogs being . . . dogs. ;)

True! My dog is a German Shepherd and he has no problem looking like a wolf. I saw him squaring off with a groundhog yesterday. I brought him in because I was afraid he would get bitten. Ha. He was sitting in his crate, murmuring, "Fine. Pen me up. I'll get that giant rat tomorrow!"

My dog at a frog...and looked like she regretted it immediately.

Routinely mouths small lizards but seems to let them get away.

Tried to get a rat but we got it away from her (that was the only one the Vet was worried about - seems a sluggish rat is a sign it has already been poisoned by arsenic.)

And I am the ONLY person in this house who will pry open her jaws and stick my hand in to retrieve whatever is in her mouth.  How did that happen??

Regurgitated cow feces with maggots on my kitchen floor is probably the worst dog meal I've seen.  It almost garnered additional human vomit during the clean up stage. :p

I was going to mention my dogs' love of "poopsicles" from the backyard (they're not quick enough to catch anything alive,) but after reading this, I must admit- YOU win the prize for the most disgusting doggie treats! :ack2:

A groundhog. *puke* he's not fussy, either. It was, properly, merely half a groundhog when I saw him.

Gross.

Your gardening neighbors will all be grateful to him! The (loud, obnoxious, dangerous) dog in the yard behind us took care of the groundhog that has been hovering our outer yard for the last two summers. It's the only positive thing I have to say for that dog!

Regurgitated cow feces with maggots on my kitchen floor is probably the worst dog meal I've seen.  It almost garnered additional human vomit during the clean up stage. :p

Oh. You win.

I don't mean to spoil the fun, but make sure your dog is up to date with his rabies vaccination. 

We had a groundhog incident in our backyard recently. A nervous neighbor, thinking we weren't home (we were), called the police who called animal control when he saw a groundhog in our backyard. Our dog was not making contact but barking and guarding her turf. We thought our neighbor overreacted, and DH was upset with him for weeks for not calling us before calling the police. But I learned from that experience that there is a big problem of groundhogs having rabies. A healthy groundhog should be able to escape a dog and if it doesn't, it could be sick.