Menu

How are everyone's "dorm piles" coming along?

Hoggirl

His "box of misc. stuff" includes his ocarina collection, Japanese flash cards and novels, two shells he found on the beach in FL 2 summers ago, and his Calvin & Hobbes and LoTR/Hobbit sets.

Love this!

Mine wanted so much to take his complete Calvin and Hobbes, but there is only so much that can go when you fly cross country to school.  He did find room for his HP Lovecraft collection and a few D&D books, and a couple little creatures I've crocheted for him over the years.  

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My ds#3  informed us that he is coming home this weekend because he wants to take his electric guitar back to school.  I truly feel for his roomie :tongue_smilie: .  I encouraged him to leave it here when he left last week and he agreed.  Obviously I didn't recognize the attachment.  We'll see how that works out :laugh:

• 3 weeks later...

Wow! I can FINALLY say the pile is packed and my dh and ds hit the road at 4:00 a.m.! They are seeing the Grand Canyon and driving up part of the PCH on the way out. I'll fly out Monday to meet dh and ds for move-in day on Tuesday. Will drive back with dh taking a detour to Vegas!

Wow! I can FINALLY say the pile is packed and my dh and ds hit the road at 4:00 a.m.! They are seeing the Grand Canyon and driving up part of the PCH on the way out. I'll fly out Monday to meet dh and ds for move-in day on Tuesday. Will drive back with dh taking a detour to Vegas!

I hope you all have a nice trip - and welcome to our group - we've been waiting for you... (and a couple others with quarter systems)!

Dorm pile has towels, sheets, duvet and pillows, plus starter shampoo, soap and washing powder.  Calvin will put together stationery (just a few bits and pieces).  I need to buy him a corkscrew/bottle opener and a surge protector.  His laptop should be arriving today.  He has a new bass guitar and is looking around for good deals in second-hand amps.  That plus a few books and a suitcase full of clothes, and he's ready to go.

L