Menu

Weird symptoms.

luckymom

I am not saying that any of these are connected, but they have all popped up in the last three months and are new to me.

three-week menstruation (this happened in April - checked for cancer at gyn- none and no explanation)

regular numbness in left arm from armpit to finger tips, occasional in right hand, constant in three right toes (it's numb like the final stages of novocaine wearing off - I can feel everything but as if through something).

sharp pain in my left hip

sharp pain in one spot beneath my left shoulder blade

more frequent migraines

Any ideas?

I can't get to a doctor for another couple of months and I am concerned. 

well, they may be unrelated...but here's some shots in the dark  :closedeyes:   

The pain and migraines may be due to food sensitivity/allergies.  I start to have hip pain if I start eating too much wheat.  I don't get migraines, but I've read they can be caused by food allergies.

3 week menstruation?  Maybe peri-menopause?  I had a 2 week one recently (after a 5week break - yay!)... but I'm 50 and took myself off the pill about 5months ago, so I'm chalking mine up to menopause.

I would agree with the suggestion to see a chiro, some of your suggestions sound like you may be out of alignment.

Your menses is likely an unrelated symptom , it sounds like your endocrine system is a bit out of whack. To address that I would recommend you to cut out all sugar, sugar really messes with hormone regulation. That may help but of course you could be entering peri-menopause, in which case I stand by the suggestion to cut out sugar (will help your transition to be much smoother) but at the same time dis-regulation would be expected.

Someone also asked about food sensitivities. If you are consuming foods that you have a sensitivity to that would contribute to tightness in your hips. Food allergies/sensitivities trigger a histamine response from the body and can really contribute to stiffness.

I have been off of my regular diet of salads and lean meats because of what's available to me at the moment.  There has been a lot of dairy and wheat lately. I consume little sugar but can radically eliminate that (naturally occurring sugar in fruit ok, right?),  I don't think I can reduce the dairy and wheat much at them moment but if you think that's critical, I can work towards that. Thank you.

I would keep fruit, as long as it is only 1-2 pieces per day. 

Wheat and dairy are big triggers for a lot of people. If you can't easily eliminate them right now, try keeping a journal and note moods as well as how you feel physically. Then when you are able to pull away from the wheat and dairy you may see a difference. Having the journal for reference later can be very beneficial. Even if you can do 1-2 days DF/GF you may notice a difference if you are journalling, We easily forget how we feel, so to put it in writing can be eye opening!