Menu

Anyone still using Winning With Writing?

alisoncooks

Haven't heard much about WWW lately -- seems to have fallen out of favor (if it ever *was* in favor).

Are people still using this (and just not talking about it)?

Or have the former users moved on to bigger and better?

I'm considering WWW3 for oldest, who needs step-by-step and open-and-go.  We already have grammar covered; she just needs some basic writing instruction to supplement CLE LA.

I'm still using GWG, but, yeah, we dropped WWW.  Honestly, GWG  has a decent amount of composition in it (the writing assignments are easily "beefed up" and there are a ton of free, printable writing worksheets online), so we're just going with that until middle school.  The GWG & WWW combo got my kids happily and painlessly writing though.  I love reading their thoughts and opinions.  It's so exciting and awesome!  

Haven't heard much about WWW lately -- seems to have fallen out of favor (if it ever *was* in favor).

Are people still using this (and just not talking about it)?

Or have the former users moved on to bigger and better?

I'm considering WWW3 for oldest, who needs step-by-step and open-and-go.  We already have grammar covered; she just needs some basic writing instruction to supplement CLE LA.

There are hundreds of products. It isn't possible for all of them to be talked about all the time. :-)

We are going back to it next year!  We used it one year and then stepped away to try the "bigger and better" and my dd just hates the physical act of writing and I am a math/science/history person and need step by step, open and go for LA so we are going back.  We are trying GWG for the first time too.  SWS is just to easy for my natural speller but I hope to not have tears over LA this next year with the GWG/WWW combo! 

Yes, we will be using it this coming year. I just want something systematic that has variety to walk us through.  I don't think Writing, as a subject is difficult for either of my children so I decided to spend our brain space and time on something else.  WWW looks just right.  My dd needs remediation in Spelling and we have other pressing time commitments of things they really enjoy, so WWW fit the bill perfectly.

We used it last year, and one of mine will use it the coming year.  My older ones started taking a class in creative writing though, so that is enough with GWG for them with some other writing in history, science, etc.

For us, it filled a gap for my youngers where they weren't up to writing in their history or other subjects but needed basic practice in the various types of writing.  I found WWW was easy enough for my youngers to do it and understand it without it being overwhelming in the demands of coming up with unique content for themselves.  Hence, only my 2nd grader will be using it next year.  The others are okay now with more creative writing.

• 2 weeks later...

Different strokes, I guess.

I just bought WWW3 and have only looked through it. I thought it looked fine** -- I am looking for an open-and-go program that will teach DD some of the basics that her public school peers will cover.

**I do reserve the right to change my mind and hate the program once we've tried it. ;) :D