Menu

Long thin torso clothing?

Amethyst

My dd17 is tall and thin and has a long torso. She would like to wear shirts that are fashionable which currently means somewhat fitting. Shirts that are size XS fit her about right except for the length. Any suggestions on where to purchase clothes that might fit her better?

And while we're on the topic of clothes, where can I get some shorts that are not shorty-shorts for both of my girls? The style seems to be a tiny bit better than last year, but that's not saying much. My dd14 who attends public school said they are allowed to wear shorts that go to their fingertips for field day. Ha! Where do those shorts for girls exist, I'd like to know!

Old Navy used to have T-shirts and tanks that were extra long, covering about half-way down your hip. 

Also, one of my daughters is tall with a long torso as well.  Some brands like Lands End, Gap, and Loft have tall sizes.  My daughter doesn't need tall for pants, just for tops and dresses.  Those brands are more expensive but they have sales all the time, often 40% off.

Gap.  But you have to order online. They have Tall Small, and maybe even XS, but I'm unsure.  Old Navy also has some Tall Small's online, but it varies.  It can be a pain to get clothes for long torsos.  I hate it when my tops look short.  I almost only buy online and but talls.  Gap was a great discovery.  They put stuff on sale and I get points with my card, so they have become my go to place to shop for tops.  If you need a Medium Tall you can also shop at Eddie Bauer's and Land's End, but they are not as trendy for a teenager. ;)  

My dd14 who attends public school said they are allowed to wear shorts that go to their fingertips for field day. Ha! Where do those shorts for girls exist, I'd like to know!

Culottes are long enough but shops don't carry them here. Golf shorts for ladies are longer too.

My aunt used to just cut off frayed pants and hemmed them into knee length shorts

For tops, sometimes the Small Petite is about the length as Extra Small Tall.