Menu

Landry-HUGE Discounts-Go in on a bundle with me?

Hi,

Landry is offering huge discounts now for the 2015-2016 school year if you buy 30 generic courses.  These will never expire and you can use them anytime after next school year.  Regular price for a semester course is 360 and if we get a bundle of 30 now, the price is $72.00!!! 

If anyone wants to buy a few credits and we get enough people, I will buy the 30 courses and then transfer the amount of course credits to you that you pay for. 

Here is the web site.

http://landryacademy.com/about/promotions/

PM is you are interested in buying a few course credits!

pam

They sent out an email to their existing customers explicitly saying that you could form buying groups and transfer credits among buyers. pjssully is doing interested buyers a big favor by organizing a group!

After having bought credits on sale, I think the appeal for Landry is that a certain percent go unused. There are a limited (not unreasonable, but limited) number of sections for each class and they fill quickly. You need to be a planner to make the best use of pre-buying like this. You're also locked in to Landry even if they switch teachers or the schedule is difficult for you or someone else comes out with an awesome new online class. It's a similar strategy to laundry detergent mega-offers. They're trying to develop brand loyalty by getting people to stock up in advance and never even try their competitor's product.

I'm not sure how much a class actually costs them to produce. They have their software platform built and their teachers work by the class so they don't have high fixed costs. Depending on how much hand grading is needed, a teacher could handle a fairly large enrollment.

Are all the Landry Classes Christian Worldview?  I mean do they have Christianity and references to religious topics through out the class?  

Yes, although this affects some classes more than others. I think the best guide to how much worldview is going to influence a class is looking at the textbook used for the course. The lower level English courses use MCT and Lightning Literature, both of which are secular. The history classes use a lot of BJU. I've enrolled T in English IV. I wouldn't consider a history class. For us, a live class using MCT materials which we both love and LL that we were planning to use is a great find, the bargain price is the icing on the cake. But, ymmv.

Even T's Solidifying the Foundations of Mathematics Class (a prealgebra review) started with a prayer everyday. Other than that, it was secular. She's also done a Physical and Life Science Intensive. Other than the t-shirt with a Bible verse, she said it was secular. For us, this is an acceptable trade-off. I wish we lived in the Northeast or the West Coast, but the reality is we live in Texas. We have to make bigger trade-offs everyday or not participate in homeschool activities.

Over the weekend, I bought a block of 35 credits to share with a group of families, and transferring the credits has been very smooth.   Please note that the credits for the current sale cannot be used until Summer of 2015 and beyond.  The best pricing for Landry is when you are willing to buy one year in advance.

FYI, if anyone needs credits for the upcoming year, I posted in Classifieds (it's buried deep by now) that I have 4 generic semesters available to sell that can be used for 2014 school year and beyond. They never expire, so they can be used at any point in the future for any class of your choosing.   This will be the third year my dd has taken classes from Landry.  I love how I've been able to drop/add classes from Landry by using the "generic" credits, and they go right back into my account for future use with no fees incurred.

I paid $165 per semester for the credits I am selling.  I can supply my Landry receipt to show proof of purchase if requested.  If you pay via Paypal with the option that incurs fees, I will add $5.00 to cover the fees.  I may have 2 more semesters to sell, but I won't know that info until later this summer  because I'm still choosing classes for my dd. 

If interested please email me directly: cmmtomchuk@charter (insert a dot) net

Guest Tamara71

Any semesters left to sell for the 2015-16 year? I'm only looking for 4 or even just 2 to try Landry's academic classes. Thanks!!!!