Menu

Exercise Thread ~ 5/18 - 5/24

Snickerdoodle

One day down! I got my 60 mins in and my legs are feeling it! I started off wanting to do anything except workout and ended up loving it. It is tough one, with sprints and hills and then jumping rope and pushup and then more sprints, lol. But it's done for the day.

Tomorrow is flat and fast.  Well, fast for me.  I am not actually very fast.

I did a lower back, and a sacrum yoga practi.  maybe half-overlapping, so I did those poses twice.  does open those hips.

that also means - I've done yoga four times this week. yeehaw. my knee is slowing me a bit, but I'm compensating. let's see if I can do six. . . .

I did not sleep well last night which means today's WO is going to be dreadful.     

This situation reminds me of a line from the Jason Bourne novel where he kept trying to convince himself to allow for sleep by saying,  "sleep is a weapon".   

ETA:   I'm done.   :svengo:

When I grow up I want to be this gal:

did yoga.  got a new mat to go with the hardwood floor.  it's very soft - nice for floor poses, not so much for standing. though I can see it as being advantageous for standing poses when my stabilizer muscles are strong as they'd get even more of a workout.

Well, it didnt happen today. I was sunk by having to go pick up my nephew at his daycare. I knew that would happen. I ended up with two hours left to do three things all of which took more than two hours. So, exercise was the sensible one to drop. 

Now the box checker in me is feeling all stressed :blushing:

I was prepping my lesson for tomorrow (think I spent 3 hours) - so I didn't do yoga right away.  dh and I are planning on going for a walk in the local botanical garden (while things are in bloom. ;p) it was getting late, and I thought, I don't have time, but walking will be good.  my body had other ideas.  "I want to do yoga, let's go do yoga, yoga feels so good . . ."  so, body got its way, and I did yoga.  that means I've done it six times this week.  woohoo.

(I've also included it in my prayers that I can have the motivation to do it as often as I need to for my health. and days I just didn't want to . . the motivation came from somewhere else. :)  )

Ran this morning. Went to the zoo and walked. Now I'm pacing waiting for DS. Also fidgeting. Does that count?

Fidgeting does count. I read somewhere that people who fidget burn more calories than people who don't.

Today, I did jog/sprint intervals. My dog is getting much better at running along side me.

I did my Insanity video last night at 11:30pm.

:eek:   That's some serious crazy going on right there.  Hopefully you can make up some sleep soon.  LOL

Today will be my rest day.

:biggrinjester:  Me too.  Stretch and roll only.

Today, I did jog/sprint intervals. My dog is getting much better at running along side me.

How was the knee after?

well, today was not good.  I was going to do a 60 min endurance workout on my nordic track and it just didn't happen. I tried. I really did. I was on the thing and I was dying. I couldn't get it up to speed no matter what I did. I felt like I was moving through wet sand. After 30 mins I had sweat running off me and I just had to stop. I felt like crying, but I had to get off that damn thing. Now I am annoyed with myself. I should have just finished the workout at whatever pace I could manage.

Tomorrow I go to a graduation followed by a party so no workout and prob lots of not so great food.