Menu

Murphy's Law

AlmiraGulch

I was having a really good day and feeling positive and upbeat.

Work went well, despite every indication it would not.  My kids both had good news.  My youngest wrote the nicest note to me I could ever hope for.  I'm looking forward to attending a wedding out of town this weekend....

And then...

A flat.  In my 1-car garage, in the front of the vehicle.  I have no idea  how I'm going to get to it to fix it, so I chose to close the door, come back inside, and pour a glass of wine.

How's everyone else's day?  Share.  

Bummer, sorry that happened to mess up such a good day.  I would think it would not hurt it to slowly back it out of the garage onto the driveway where you could change it and put the spare on.

mine started out great.  I've been sick since Sunday and today was the first time I woke feeling good.  I had all these plans to get a bunch done and then dd threw up in my bed  :ack2: So the day quickly turned into cleaning up a lot of puke and poop out of sheets, hair, clothing, etc.  But now the boys are asleep and she is happily watching The Sword and the Stone in a nest on the floor in my room so I get to just unwind by myself for a bit!

:grouphug:

We missed ds10's educational/achievement testing this morning because I misread the date on the appointment card. It's rescheduled for Friday, but I feel like an idiot, and there will be a missed appointment charge, which I don't have a problem with except to say "ouch! :o

Bummer, sorry that happened to mess up such a good day.  I would think it would not hurt it to slowly back it out of the garage onto the driveway where you could change it and put the spare on.

I probably will, but tomorrow.  Too much wine, and too much rain outside.  :-)

I was supposed to take my son to the Cardinals baseball game tonight. We took the train, got to the gate...and then they announced that the game was postponed.

Until August.

It was a long train ride home...

Oh no!  I was supposed to go to the Cardinals game a couple of weeks ago.  I live in Atlanta but I'm a Cards fan and they were playing here.  In the end, I was glad I didn't go because the Braves ended their losing streak that night.  

mine started out great.  I've been sick since Sunday and today was the first time I woke feeling good.  I had all these plans to get a bunch done and then dd threw up in my bed  :ack2: So the day quickly turned into cleaning up a lot of puke and poop out of sheets, hair, clothing, etc.  But now the boys are asleep and she is happily watching The Sword and the Stone in a nest on the floor in my room so I get to just unwind by myself for a bit!

Ok, I'd definitely rather have a flat tire than puke in my bed.  

Glad you're feeling better, though.

Hugs

my day was pretty lousy really. I went to the women's health nurse because I have a lump in my groin. She called a Doctor in. The doctor thought that the lump in my groin might be a hernia which would be good news as the doctor found another lump in my breast:-(

So I am scheduled in for another mammogram plus ultrasounds..... Thinking positive....I hopefully am one of those people who just have a lumpy breast... a hernia would be fine...

and to top off a lousy day MY SMILIES ARE NOT WORKING :-( :-(

Hugs my day was pretty lousy really. I went to the women's health nurse because I have a lump in my groin. She called a Doctor in. The doctor thought that the lump in my groin might be a hernia which would be good news as the doctor found another lump in my breast:-( So I am scheduled in for another mammogram plus ultrasounds..... Thinking positive....I hopefully am one of those people who just have a lumpy breast... a hernia would be fine... and to top off a lousy day MY SMILIES ARE NOT WORKING :-( :-(

Well that's disconcerting for sure.   I do hope everything turns out to be nothing, and that you don't have to wait to long to find out.

I probably will, but tomorrow.  Too much wine, and too much rain outside.  :-)

You've probably already handled it, but just in case - it's OK to back it out to a more convenient area.  The concern with driving on a flat is the risk of a bent rim (a far more expensive repair than a tire), which isn't going to happen unless your driveway is 20 miles long.  ;)