Menu

What do you use to clean your micro-suede couch?

Xuzi

I'm sure I do it all wrong, but I just haul the pillows over to the sink and use hot water.  Setting the cushion up vertically in such a way as to make as little mess as possible, I get one side wet with the hand-held faucet hose-thingy and then scrub all over with the dish scrub brush.  Then I hose it down.  Still holding it vertically, I take a ruler to swipe downward as much water as possible.  I rotate until I've done all sides and lean it on the patio to dry.  This works very well for my micro-suede sectional.  I recently did it to the living room couch, which is some other micro-fabric that's hard to describe - softer - and the result was a little crunchier than I had intended.  Oh well; I think it has recovered.  (Both couches are from Room and Board.)

Once in a while, I use a smitch of dish soap on a spot, but that's an unapproved cleaner.  The couch arms are another matter as far as getting the water out after (I usually use a rug-cleaner attachment) but still, usually I just use water and maybe a smitch of soap.

You need to look for the care tag on the sofa somewhere.

http://www.onegoodthingbyjillee.com/2013/05/how-to-clean-a-microfiber-couch-or-sofa.html

• W means you must use water based cleaning solution.
  • S means you must use a “solvent†based cleaner
  • S-W means you can use S or W type cleaners
  • X means you can vacuum only (so, no water or solvent based cleaning solutions).

Resolve works fine for minor dirtiness.  I just purchased a used *white* micro suede couch that I have to use Resolve on every week.  Then we also purchased a very, very dirty blue micro-suede couch for another room that we cleaned with a rented a carpet cleaner with an upholstery attachment.