Menu

Chemo side effects....

Luanne

I was just wondering if anyone else on here who has been through chemo ... if you had problems with your eyes.  What I mean by this is, I used to read a lot and now my eyes get tired very quickly.  I'm wondering if this is normal.  I am also considering getting audio books since I can no longer read for very long.  It stinks. :(

Have you thought about a caring bridge account? There is another poster from here who has taken a break from the board while fighting cancer, and she posts on a caring bridge account. It would allow you to see what other people are going through.

Dry and "gritty" eyes can be helped with drops, but if you're already fatigued, reading, or even having an intense conversation is hard work. Has your vision changed? If so I think that's something you're supposed to mention to your caregivers.

Most definitely!

In fact, my oncologists told me to not panic if my eyes changed...and to not go get new glasses until six months after I was done with chemo.

Eye drops help. Do mention your eyes to your doctor next time you are in. There are times when the tear ducts get clogged and must be worked on.

Hang in there! You'll be done before you know it!

I don't remember any noticeable changes, but I do remember reading was out of the question, as I had no power of concentration.  In fact, audio books would have been the same.  Just wasn't able to concentrate.  :grouphug:  Hugs to you as you get through your treatment.