Menu

How old is (was) your dc when s/he used (uses) Apologia General Science?

These books look more appealing to me now that there are audio CDs. I think some students will do well just reading along to the audio and not "doing" the curriculum, unless they WANT to do PARTS of it.

I've decided I can't afford them, but if money were no option, I would like them as reading books.

I've been told twice not to start them before 3rd grade, but others use them in Kindergarten and enjoy them. This is my take:

K+: Astronomy, Zoology I, II, and III (with the Zoology books in order)

3rd+: Human Anatomy, Botany, and Introduction to Chemistry & Physics

I've read through them all, except the new one, but haven't used them.

We used General Science for 7th grade for my oldest. It was a good fit for that age (and for that son who is also a history buff--I didn't end up using it for my dd who loves science--I didn't think she'd enjoy it as much and she was doing more interest-led science things). I also liked it for teaching some studying and test-taking skills.

Is Apologia Introduction to Chemistry and Physics necessary to do? Both dss did Real Science Odyssey Chemistry when they were 2nd and 4th grade. I am thinking of using it for younger ds9. We have read all the other elementary Apologia books and our co-op use these for science class. Can ds9 do it independently? Thanks!