Menu

We are doing okay in the Tropical Storm Center

Hi all,

We ended up being in probably the worst hit county. We had a tornado yesterday and having our second day of torrential rain. So far we have lost pals fronds and one tree and possibly the brandnew Wii. Since it is less than a week old, someone else is paying. We had plugged into a surge protector and everything else that was plugged into surge protectors is working including computers, tvs, dvd players, etc/ I am hoping the thing just needs to be plugged into another outlet. But either the surge protector guarantee or the fact that the Wii is less than a week old should protect us.

The center of the storm is our county and has been for more than than twelve hours. Now they think this stupid storm is going to turn around and go through Florida just north of us. My dd is supposed to have surgery on Friday and I hope we can still do this.

I believe we have had about ten inches. Our swimming pool is overflowing but not by that much so it isn't reaching the house. However you can understand why everything is closed since many roads are flooded We have a lake instead of a parkway in front of our house. You can't tell where the road, sidewalk, or parkland is except for the trees. Power lines are dangling in various places so we are just staying put.

Glad you are "ok" - there is a reset for the Wii, so maybe that needs to be done. I can't remember what it is though (we had to do it).

Friday should be fine for the surgery. Don't sweat it for that (yet anyway - not until it gets back out in the Gulf).

This is a PITA storm.....

We are in the 9" forecast range today for the rain, it will be interesting to see where it goes around the house, i'm considering having DH bring a tractor home with him to have here. We did some regarding to put a fence up and filled in an area that was a recessed road. OK, just sent DH a message to bring HOME the trailer/tractor instead of leaving it at the yard! That way if we need a drainage ditch, we can do it.

Stay safe everyone!

We have been stuck in the eye all day. The kids are asking "why can't we go to the store? It's not raining." Only the 12yo gets that it could move at any time. 3pm we are finally starting to get some of the rain and wind from the backside. Other than kids wanting to go somewhere, we're good here.

My sister and family in Titusville have been outside to ride bikes and jog. The kids have been drawing with sidewalk chalk, etc...

I told her I'm done worrying about her now. The eye of the storm has spared them. Now areas south of you and her are getting hammered with rain. Oh well! No risk of wild fires for a while, eh?

Jo

I talked to dh who was at our house in FL today and the storm actually ripped out my bougenvallia that I lovingly restored back to its beauty after Wilma!

Our friend who will be watching the house for us says he loves bogies and will do what he can to to try to save it.

We had another bogie after Wilma came thru that I allowed dh to take out. The stump remained and he said that he poured gasoline on it and tried burning it so that it wouldn't come back. Bit wouldn't you know a couple months later a shoot sprouted from the stump and it grew back prettier than before! So I have hopes that this one can be saved.

DH and I always battled over those plants - I love them - He hates them. So for the last two years I just took over caring for them.

My parents awning also got ripped away from the storm. I guess the storm was stronger than expected. But the rain has been good for all.

ETA: We had to reset our wii also when it was about a week old - check your users manual, it explains what to do.