Menu

Dream Analysis, anyone? (slightly gruesome)

Ok, I had a vivid one last night! What does it mean when you dream about your teeth falling out? And I don't mean just a single tooth here and there. There was that, plus a whole section of the gum coming out at once with several teeth in it. I have this vague memory that maybe losing teeth is a somewhat common theme in dreams and that it's supposed to mean something. Or maybe I dreamt *that* too.

Anywhoooooo, it has obviously stuck with me. And creeped me out.

So sorry if I shouldn't be sharing the creeps!!!

Ok, I had a vivid one last night! What does it mean when you dream about your teeth falling out? And I don't mean just a single tooth here and there. There was that, plus a whole section of the gum coming out at once with several teeth in it. I have this vague memory that maybe losing teeth is a somewhat common theme in dreams and that it's supposed to mean something. Or maybe I dreamt *that* too.

Powerlessness, fear of losing something precious. I would think fear of loss as in loss of control over your health and strength.

I have teeth falling out dreams a lot. Sometimes they crumble, sometimes they're loose and then fall out, and then keep falling out until I'm terrified that they're all going to be gone.

I've heard what the other's said, that its about insecurity.

I usually have the dreams in clusters, like several of them within several weeks, then they go away for awhile. Have had them since childhood. Some are so real that I wake up unbelievably relieved that it was just a dream, and then I check my teeth to make sure.

Wow! I was always sure it was just me because everyone else looks at me like I just dropped out of the sky!!

This particular thing has been recurring in my dreams since I was a wee child. Also, where applicable, I cannot dial any telephone correctly, the brakes in any car never work and my contact lenses are habitually the size of dinner plates!

But the occassional loose teeth have always really bothered me. I hate the feeling of teeth crumbling out of my mouth. The other night, I pulled out the entire bottom right half of my teeth and it was awful:eek: I would not even venture to guess what it would mean, having it happening over the course of my life.

TMI... Sorry... Just so excited...:D

Oh my! This has turned out to be *much* more comforting, just knowing that others out there are having a similar dream.

Been there with the contacts being huge dream too. I'd forgotten about that one. Just got lasered a few months ago, so hopefully that one goes away.

During a particularly horrible time in my life, I dreamt that I'd lost all of my fingers. Gee, no feeling of being utterly out of control of my life there, huh?

Alright, TMI from me too now. But it always helps to know that other folks have similar experiences and that you're not out there alone in the wind!

Oh, I have this dream sometimes, too, only for me it's awful since one of my more positive physical attributes is that I have never had a cavity or filling. So, I like my teeth and feel that they are an asset.

But I dream about them all going rotten and falling out. I like Pam's explanation. Never really thought about it before. When I have this dream, I just get up, brush my teeth and take some Vitamin C! :lol:

I've heard/read that the 'teeth falling out' dream is over embarrassment. And yes, I've had it often :p Though, not in quite a while now. Once I discovered that 'meaning' I did notice a connection.

So, yeah, what the others have said..insecurity works here too.

I have teeth dreams occasionally. Usually they crumble into sharp tooth shards, and it feels like my mouth is full of broken glass. I have no idea what it means though.

I've had this exact same dream. It was just awful.

Here's an article that discussing the meaning of losing teeth in dreams:

http://psychology.suite101.com/article.cfm/teeth_falling_out_in_dreams

Time to see the dentist? Uh.....time to cut the sweets??? :lol:

I am, obviously, clueless. :D