• Sonlight
    • Winter Promise
    • Bob Jones
    • Abeka
    • History Odyssey
    • TruthQuest
    • Ambleside Online
    • Other (please post)

We used SOTW for the kids in the grammar years but now with one in Logic Age and one in Rhetoric we've 'moved on'. For the Logic Age kiddo he outlines KFH, does lots and lots of reading, writes topic reports---lots of them, keeps a timeline, and does more reading.

The Rhetoric Age kiddo does history as a Great Book Study as outlined in WTM. It is working quite well.

I write my own plans too. We have completed the first rotation using SOTW as a spine. This year, we are back to the Ancients using a mixture of materials. I have the Guerber histories. We completed Story of the Ancient World (not my favorite) and will start Story of the Greeks next week. I'll add in other books like Augustus Caesar's World and Famous Men of Rome.

Right now, I'm planning to do Omnibus once this rotation is done. I'm sure that there will be other exciting things coming out in the next three years, so I won't commit to it yet.

There are so many great history programs out there! I wish we could just do history and nothing else :p

Even though I've researched this area to death (as many of you I'm sure!) I still haven't really decided to stick with 1 program.

I'm using WP Amer Story 1 this year because I thought it was perfect for both of my kids.

But next yr I plan on going to SOTW 1 and starting that with my 1st grader and my older one will follow along. We'll continue with the series.

But I also really like Biblioplan...I see using that as a supplement with SOTW in some fashion (or the other way around).

Whatever I use I KNOW that my kids will learn way more history than I ever learned in school!