Menu

Things Fall Apart - Age/Grade?

After reading the title to your thread, I thought it would be a thread about at what age is the optimal time for homeschooling to fall apart?

(FYI, I figured when the oldest boy is 13 was a reasonable answer!)

Obviously I did not follow SWB's reading list closely! :tongue_smilie:

Dd read it when she was 15.  Heart of Darkness was part of the Excellence in Literature book (volume II) she was working through and because of recommendations here we added in Things Fall Apart.  We didn't watch Apocalypse Now with the books.  If you haven't read Things Fall Apart I recommend reading it first. I found it fascinating and the contrast to Heart of Darkness was actually what made that particular literature unit worthwhile. Imo

After reading the title to your thread, I thought it would be a thread about at what age is the optimal time for homeschooling to fall apart?

(FYI, I figured when the oldest boy is 13 was a reasonable answer!)

Obviously I did not follow SWB's reading list closely! :tongue_smilie:

:lol:  So will this end up on the Forum Game thread????  ;)

Dd read it when she was 15.  Heart of Darkness was part of the Excellence in Literature book (volume II) she was working through and because of recommendations here we added in Things Fall Apart.  We didn't watch Apocalypse Now with the books.  If you haven't read Things Fall Apart I recommend reading it first. I found it fascinating and the contrast to Heart of Darkness was actually what made that particular literature unit worthwhile. Imo

See I've read it, and I absolutely love it - I see it as tragic and Tragic at the same time.  I think about it often.  I'm not objective, which makes it hard for me to decide when it's appropriate to introduce it to my kid.  You guys helped me decide to wait, so thank you!!