Menu

Friday's Teachers Lounge 3-28-2014

scrapbookbuzz

It's Friday again! And almost the end of March! How did THAT happen? Where did the time go??

What are you all up to today? Me: currently figuring out what's for breakfast that will satisfy all of us! Then Spanish for the kids, followed by a chiropractic 

appointment for me, then taking the oldest to her drama class.  Don't even ask me what's for lunch when I don't know what's for breakfast!

Plans this weekend? Here: the boy wanted to go to the RenFest but it's just not going to work out. Friends invited us to join them for a movie but that may

not work out, either, as it makes the schedule a bit tight with a date night I've planned with hubby!  I wanted to go check out some properties for sale in a town

north of here but cannot get ahold of the Realtor. Hmm, maybe God's trying to tell me I should just stay home! ;)

On a positive note, my appointment with my doctor went fairly well yesterday (even though I found out he's leaving :(  ). Heart and thyroid are fine. Anxiety and depression

still pop up their ugly heads now and then BUT we're trying a new med to see if that helps. He said give it about two weeks, but awhile after I took the first capsule yesterday my

head was clearer thought-wise that has been in awhile! I'll take it! B)

what's going on in YOUR world?

Talk to me!  :bigear:

Hi ya, Scrap!

Breakfast - Two eggs are sizzling in their skillet.  A chocolate chip waffle is toasting in the toaster oven.  Oh, I just remembered.  I have to get the Hawaiian pork roast in the oven!  (Yelling to get ds to turn the oven on to preheat it. . . .)

Today is a heavy volunteer day for the kids.  Part of which means that some friends will be coming here in the afternoon to pick ds up for the weekend.

I have PT today.  And I'm signing dd up for some activities - the better to keep her out of trouble.

Kiddo is sick today. This is the 3rd day this week he would've missed school if he went to a b&m. I would've gotten more library books if I'd foreseen this.

Next week should see gorgeous weather, and I'm hoping we'll be able to spend more time outside. I planted some seeds in the garden a couple of weeks ago and need to get out and do more.

Good morning.   I had milk in m y coffee this morning and called it breakfast.  The kids made gf muffins for themselves.  Today is dd9's last day of Jr. Vet spring break camp at the zoo. She's had a very fun week.  Yesterday they got to spend a good part of the day in zoo's vet office and even rode in the vet's truck.

Dd13 finished her 11th century dress for her medieval feast. Today, she's making some gf peasant bread and perfecting her cello pieces.  

I have a migraine and will spend the day trying not to be sick.

DD14 was told to work on math, biology, and a vaccine research project while I took the littles to nature club in another city about 30 minutes away.  DS12 is in public school at the moment.  It was a little cold and very rainy, but I'm glad we went to nature club.  We visited an urban park to observe what kind of wildlife you can find in the city.  We visited a botanical conservatory there also.  And they played for a little while.  

We're home now.  I need to check on DD's work.  Then I need to bake some cookies because I volunteered to take a snack to DS12's astronomy club tonight.  He doesn't know it yet, but he was voted student astronomer of the year and will be getting that award tonight.

I may take DS12 to see Divergent this weekend.  DD14 has read too many spoilers and doesn't want to see it now.  DH and I usually do grocery shopping on Saturday mornings.  Church is on Sundays.  And I bought How to Talk so Teens will Listen on the Kindle and want to take a look at it (I'm half way through the kid version too). 

Jean, how are you feeling?  I've been thinking of you because I've been sick with a cold for three weeks and fighting a sinus infection that just doesn't want to go away.

Jean, how are you feeling?  I've been thinking of you because I've been sick with a cold for three weeks and fighting a sinus infection that just doesn't want to go away.

I'm back to my normal - which isn't most people's normal - but is ok.  I find out Monday if I'm still infected (sinus).  I can't tell anymore and haven't been able to tell for the last month.  

Yesterday and today have been inflammation days.  I  went to PT today and we discussed my muscles which cramp up in seemingly random configurations.  

I've done more physical stuff today (cleaning) than I've done in 3 months, so we'll see if I can move in a couple of hours.  

I'm back to my normal - which isn't most people's normal - but is ok.  I find out Monday if I'm still infected (sinus).  I can't tell anymore and haven't been able to tell for the last month.  

Yesterday and today have been inflammation days.  I  went to PT today and we discussed my muscles which cramp up in seemingly random configurations.  

I've done more physical stuff today (cleaning) than I've done in 3 months, so we'll see if I can move in a couple of hours.  

Yay!  I hope you get good news on Monday.  

Today: It was our co-op day. I teach an IEW writing class in it. We all stayed after to talk about next year. I am not going to be participating because it's dd's senior year, and considering she's probably going away to school, I want a relaxed fun time together. They still wanted my input, though, because I've directed it for 2 years and directed a different co-op for 3 year years before this one.

Plans for the weekend: Laundry and packing are necessities this afternoon and evening as well as cleaning the 10,000 sq. foot pediatrician's office we clean together as a family. We leave in the morning for Ohio, where dh's family lives. It's dh's spring break, so we'll be up there several days.

My world: getting transcript and application together for dd to do dual enrollment next year, helping her prep for the ACT next month, co-directing Awana with dh, fretting over our pastor leaving and being unsure about the direction our church will go because it's independent, making plans for next school year in the midst of trying to finish up this one, missing my mother every day (She passed away Feb. 3.), hoping we can take a good vacation this summer, etc.