Menu

How much to pay cat sitter?

ncmom2dawters

Yep, $10 or so per day, depending on how many cats and litter boxes you have.  It's an icky job.  I have cat sitters when we're on vacation, and it costs me a bundle.  I have three litter boxes and they come twice a day to feed, water, and clean.  So I usually pay $200- $300 for the week.  It would cost me a ton more to board them.

I've hired professional cat sitters in three different areas.  I've been quoted anywhere from $7 to $40 per visit. (I have three cats) (And no, I didn't hire the lady who wanted $40, even though part of her package was to cuddle and play with them, even though they'll be hiding from her the whole time :rolleyes: ).  They always do plants and mail too.  I think for a kid who doesn't have gas costs, $10ish would be fine.

$10/visit… but I'll add you're a much better Kitty Mom than I am.  We just leave out food and water and an extra litter box if going for a few days.

Us too if it's like up to 2 nights. Otherwise $10 a visit sounds good for a neighbor within walking distance. And most of the time we just have someone visit every other day. We have 2 cats though so they have each other and have extra litter/food/water out at all times. I don't care so much if they play with the cats, but I do leave out treats hoping they'll at least shake them and get a visual on the cats. Cuddling and playing is nice. :)

The last kid I hired never saw my cats. Umm ... ok.

Well we usually just did the leave out food and water and made sure we did a through box clean if it was a few days. Other was a case of beer (dmil) or mowing the lawn (when we lived in Georgia). I guess we had it easy. The inlaws also dog sit for us, dfil spoils the dog rotten.