Menu

Attention, tough motorcycle dude driving in the wrong lane in front of the

Angie in VA

library, livid that the driver of a vehicle would DARE to be driving in the correct lane, and would dare to STOP to make sure she doesn't hit you, since you are in her lane, you know, illegally:

Before you wave her around you, demanding that she drive in oncoming traffic, and before you mouth (or perhaps, say aloud), "Ass[hat]!" to said driver, you just *might* want to make sure that

1. Said driver isn't going into the library too

2. Said driver is not in the throes of menopause

3. Said menopausal library patron will not tell you exactly what she thinks of you as she enters the library at the same time as you,

Or else you are going to get an earful.

It is amazing what people say and do when in or on their vehicles but how embarrassed they are by their behavior when they look you in the eye.

Thus endeth the lesson.

"I'm not laughing at you, but at the prospect of a tough-guy biker getting lectured in the middle of the library."

Getting lectured by a menopausal woman. Don't forget that part. And it is OK if you do laugh at me, but thanks for the clarification.

Actually, he was busy parking his motorcycle on the sidewalk right outside the library when he got his earful. I started telling him what I wanted to say as I walked up behind him and kept on till I got inside.

I try to be quiet inside the library, you know. ;)

It is fun pulling rank and going all "mom" on dudes like that.  I had to go outside in my bathrobe and sternly request young, swarthy neighbor dudes to NOT swear loudly as they got ready for work every morning (they were painters, and met in their driveway to carpool in the truck with supplies to each job).  They were abashed, to say the least.