Menu

Well, I'm up and ready to start school...

Yes. We go through the summer, but I'm more relaxed once we hit out 180 days and end up missing quite a bit do to vacations and projects and good weather and extra library trips and life in general. Today is the start of our strict "school-every-day-and-only-miss-if-there-is-vomit-or-fever-or-planned-vacation" year.

My guys have an hour left to sleep and then I'll be waking them up. I'm not ready, but we're starting anyway.

We started reading our Sonlight stuff and started poetry. We continued with one math and grammar lesson for the week. Tomorrow we start geography and Harmony Fine Arts. Next week we add Fallacy Detective and Jump In Writing. The week after that we're full speed ahead (including math and grammar daily instead of weekly).

All that's left now is math, grammar, and reading for the 2nd grader.

Yes, I've decided today is the day, mil or no. I. want. to. play. school!!!

So far, we're about 2 paragraphs into our 1st ch of hist. The littles are having none of it!

But w/ an early nap & a grocery stop for mil...maybe, just *maybe* we can finish 1/2 a ch...?

Of course, I forgot I haven't made any copies....hm.

it's going good so far. We started Sonlight 5, history and science, and from last week we're continuing math, handwriting, Rod and Staff and typing.

I let my ds sleep until 8:45, and he ate breakfast at 9 while reading his Bible reading.

It's lunchtime now, so we're taking a break!

Yes. We go through the summer, but I'm more relaxed once we hit out 180 days and end up missing quite a bit do to vacations and projects and good weather and extra library trips and life in general. Today is the start of our strict "school-every-day-and-only-miss-if-there-is-vomit-or-fever-or-planned-vacation" year.

My guys have an hour left to sleep and then I'll be waking them up. I'm not ready, but we're starting anyway.

Hey...that's what today is as well! Kids slept in this a.m., but we're now busy at work. We'll start adding in our history/science etc. next week, but the basics are starting now!