Menu

Chapped lips

Night Elf

I've had the WORST chapped lips this winter. I wake up and there is blood from the cracks. It's so painful!

I've gotten better since using Lansinoh. It's the stuff that is made for breastfeeding mom's nipples when they crack and bleed. It works!!!

We use this too. We use it at bedtime and they heal up significantly overnight.

Thanks ladies. I'll go look for Lansinoh. It's for my teen son. Hopefully the package doesn't say breastfeeding on it. :)

Um.  It does.  :)

Funny story - my boys were on a team bus for rowing to their nationals competition.  These were manly boys!  LOL  Anyway, one of the boys asks the entire bus if they have something for chapped lips they wouldn't mind sharing.  My then-16 yo said he did and handed him the Lansinoh.  Lots of laughter over what it was and good-natured teasing ensued.  Ds told him just to try it.  He did.

Two minutes later, he comes to ds and asks him what in the heck that was - he wants to buy some!!!!!  :)  So, even though it says "For Breastfeeding Mothers" on it - it does work.  Even on the rowing team!!

Thanks ladies. I'll go look for Lansinoh. It's for my teen son. Hopefully the package doesn't say breastfeeding on it. :)

Oh dear, it might, lol.

If you don't want that, there is always good old bag balm. I know they sell it here at Agway and drug stores.  It is pretty much Lansinoh but for cows.  It also has lanolin like lansinoh does, but it is softer and less sticky. Lansinoh can be very stiff to put on and it is super sticky.

We used bag balm as diaper rash balm and for chapped lips etc. My kids call it 'bang boom' because they misunderstood 'bag balm' when they were toddlers.

Aquaphor, Lip Repair by Eucerin is pretty good for chapped lips.  It's fragrance and preservative free for anyone looking for that. 

I also use the regular Aquaphor ointment on my lips.  When I'm putting some on my hands I spread a bit on my lips.  It works wonderfully to treat (and prevent) chapped lips.