Menu

My BFF is turning 50! Great gift ideas?

Alicia64

She and I have been friends since we were 14 yrs. old. And birthdays, gifts, cards mean the world to her. One year I forgot and -- let's just say -- I've never forgotten again. She was major-hurt.

Anyway, I'd love to do something special. But I just don't know what. Also I live on one coast and she lives on the other. And we won't be together for her birthday. So whatever I give has to get to her through the mail.

The one thing I like is a pretty bracelet from Red Envelope that are "murano beads."

But I'm worried about "just" doing a bracelet for her 50th. It seems kind of "bleh." Any other suggestions. Red Envelope also has nice bracelets w/ initials and sayings. We've given each other bracelets before though and she might like something new this time.

She's a work out enthusiast. Loves pears and anything to do with them. Loves gardening. Is an empty nester -- her daughter just went to college. Loves her cat and dog.

Any ideas very welcome -- and thank you!!

Alley

I like all the above.  Especially the Harry and David pears- usually one or two in the box are wrapped in gold foil, too!

What about sending her a box with 50 index cards - on each one you have written a fun memory of being with her? It would take some time to think of 50 things, but how fun for her to walk down Memory Lane like that.  Things like remembering some boy she had a crush on when she was in high school, the dorky prom dates you two had, etc.?

How about a bestseller from 1964?

Or a best selling music CD from that year?

Here's a list of the top 100 hits from 1964.

Regards,

Kareni

:thumbup1:

That reminds me, for my SIL's 55th her siblings got together and figured out a special CD for her featuring many of the songs they remembered her playing over and over while they were growing up.  They purchased the various music from iTunes and burned it to a disc, and made up artwork for the CD case.

Do you have special songs you sang or danced to together that you could make into a disc?  Or is there a record or tape that you two played over and over way back when -- you could find it on CD.

I wonder if there's anyone you could hire to go erect a Happy 50th sign in her yard.  That would certainly be unexpected.

These ideas are incredible!! Thank you!

Sadly, I can't walk down memory lane because we both had rough childhoods. In fact we became close based on that. My life semi-came together in college, but hers didn't get on track until she was about thirty. (Then she really got on track -- to the point that I can't happily eat a piece of cake around her!!) :)

These ideas are fantastic: thank you!

Alley