Menu

Exercise Thread ~ 3/2 - 3/8

Negin

I did the Fitness Blender 56 minute Sweatfest!  It was good!  I'm so excited to have learned about fitness blender.  

:hurray:

Did 2 Fitness Blender workouts- 17 Upper Body/Cardio and 13  min Pilates/lower body

Not sure what I think about them. Actual moves were great, the first kicked my butt! I don't like the white background with no music though.

I love that there is no music. I play my own! I always end up getting sick of hearing the same music over and over and over on a dvd. I turn on Pandora while I work out to Fitness Blender. Sometimes I listen to my ipod.

If you want to learn a ton about triathlon training, fitness, nutrition for training, physiology, etc., you might want to check out BenGreenfieldFitness.com - free audio podcasts. I have been listening for a couple of years now, and have learned so much. Just thought a lot of you might enjoy listening too.

Friday- 2 mile walk with dh (shorts and a t-shirt no less because the weather is insane here), katas, stretching, wall kicks, planks, push ups and hand stands with bridges.  

Following the triathlon comments with interest earmarked, "one of these days".

I talked to my dh about the triathlon, he said yes, I'm definitely having a mid-life crisis :)

I did another FB workout- No weight upper body, again great workout but I need music. I don't have an ipod or anything like that so I'm not sure what to do there. I like that there are lots of short workouts, it makes it easier to workout because finding 10-20 min here and there is much easier than finding 30-60 min. 

I found this beginner triathlon training schedule, which is coincidentally 22 weeks long. It seems very, very doable on the running and bike riding. I think I would struggle some with the swimming though. Well, I'm pretty sure I would because I really suck at swimming. Dh had just mentioned last week about how he wanted to start swimming again, he's not an expert but much better than me he used to swim in the mornings. 

I ended up doing another FB workout last night- 10 min- Crunchless ABs and Obliques. I really liked this one- I cannot do a lot of traditional ab exercises due to diastasis, was has mostly healed but I don't want to return, and this was perfect. I tried music on the chrome book but it wasn't loud enough and I couldn't find anything I really liked. Perhaps I can have my husband burn me a CD, ds has a CD player and that would certainly be loud enough.

I meet and exceeded my workout goals for the week! 3 days- 30 min, 1 day 45 min, 1 day 60 min

I'm hoping we can go swimming today. I want to see what I can do and think about how crazy it is to consider signing up for a triathlon. Hopefully the weather is decent for a bike ride tomorrow, we like to ride on Sunday afternoons if we can but the weather has been crazy lately. 

I was nervous starting this week to see how my body would handle it but it has felt great. I'm feeling so much better than I was, it is wonderful. I'm trying not to push myself too much but it seems that my body is ready for more.

If you want to learn a ton about triathlon training, fitness, nutrition for training, physiology, etc., you might want to check out BenGreenfieldFitness.com - free audio podcasts. I have been listening for a couple of years now, and have learned so much. Just thought a lot of you might enjoy listening too.

I have no interest in doing a triathalon, but LOVE Ben Greenfield podcasts.   He and his host have a great sense of humor.

2 hours of open mat.  Discovered I had memorized part of a kata incorrectly... grrr.  Fun anyway.  This was shot a couple of years ago at my dojo- and is the kata I'm working on if anyone is interested.

Whoops- edited because I realized that's not the Kata I'm working on (those aren't the droids you're looking for) Heian Nidan is.

I don't usually participate in these threads b/c I always forget to check in, lol, but I really want to share my past week!

Mon- rear kicked in 60 min group interval training

Wed- 30 minutes weights, 20 minutes elliptical

Thurs- unexpected 75 minute hike through the woods in 2' snow, carrying a wiggly 40lb weight half of the way

Fri- 40 minutes weights, 35 minutes elliptical

Sat- shopping for, packing in car, carrying to house, and unloading 4 grocery carts, lol.

I hit the -20lb mark yesterday morning!!!