Menu

What was the name of the WTM mama who got her homeschool accredited a few years ago?

ereks mom

I searched and found her name:  Bev in B'ville, and she is/was in Georgia (as I am).  She hasn't posted on the boards since 2011.  But I found lots of links to her posts about accreditation.  HOWEVER... I followed the main link she posted regarding the requirements, and found that things have changed; homeschools used to be accredited as "non-traditional educational centers," but now, such centers are defined as those who serve homeschoolers UP TO 60% of the time at the center, and "the remaining 40% of the time must be spent studying at home or at a place designated by the parents."  

,thinking aloud> Should I go another route (assuming one exists), or look for loopholes?

I remember those threads from Bev. I think when she was homeschooling high school things were a bit different. IIRC, at the time homeschoolers in GA were not eligible for the HOPE scholarship and had a few extra hoops to jump through for college admission. I think there might have been issues with dual enrollment as well but I don't recall as it wasn't on our radar at the time.

I remember those threads from Bev. I think when she was homeschooling high school things were a bit different. IIRC, at the time homeschoolers in GA were not eligible for the HOPE scholarship and had a few extra hoops to jump through for college admission. I think there might have been issues with dual enrollment as well but I don't recall as it wasn't on our radar at the time.

Yes, I recall those were issues and they aren't applicable in most other states.