Menu

Amazon is amazing

Flowing Brook

The other day I was checking my credit card balance. I noticed a charge for 165.00 and 256.00 for  text book rentals.  I called my sister who uses my credit card and she got all panicky and told me she rented some books from amazon and forgot to send them back before she left the state for training.  So I told her I would call amazon and see if they would let us return them even though the time had run out.

I called amazon and they said usually they do not refund for the text books as once they are bought there is no way to return them. She asked why my sister left for training and what she was doing. I told the lady that my sister is in the army reserves and she had to leave for four months of training and she just forgot to return the books before she left.  The lady told me "well that's a different story."  She then proceeded to give my sister a full refund, refunded the money for the fines and GAVE HER the books. All the lady at amazon requested was that rather than sell the books my sister pay it forward by donating the books to a place that could use them.  I tried thanking the lady as I was blown away by her actions. She stopped me mid sentence and said "No thank your sister for all she does for us."

Anyways I loved amazon before but now I really love amazon.  I know many of you already used amazon but just in case there is anyone here that needed another good reason to support them. :thumbup1: