Menu

IKEA shipping rates

DawnM

I thought I had started a thread on this but I guess not.

I need to order blinds.  Our local IKEA has stopped carrying the ones we need/want.

I put $200 in blinds in my cart and the shipping rate was $40 on top of that!!!!!!   :crying:

Is shipping always that expensive from IKEA?

I don't see an option to ship to store either.

oh good, I am not losing my mind.  Maybe it got controversial?

"1" blinds.....you idiot, you need 2" blinds!"  

"No, 2" will never work, you must have voted Republican/Democrat/whatever!"

:lol:

That's odd, you did post the question. I replied and now I can't find it either. 

My suggestion was to check Amazon, some people create "Ikea stores" on amazon and sell through there. 

Ikea shipping is outrageous, and often prohibitive.  We live about 6 hours from Ikea and we do have a local service that runs a weekly Ikea trip for you.  I have used them many times as their percentage fee for shopping and delivering for me is almost always less than Ikea's shipping. :/

Also check ebay. I had a friend who used to sell Ikea items over Ebay. She could make a profit because she sold either items they don't sell online, or things that she could ship less expensively than Ikea will. Their shipping/delivery rates are high.

Their shipping is crazy.  I've found that it's less expensive to go to the store, buy what I want and then get their home delivery.  I can buy as much as I want, and they deliver it for a flat rate.  We bought our new sectional (pink puffy heart love), a chair, and several other things, and they delivered it a few days later for the flat fee. I'm not sure why their online shipping is so expensive.  Maybe they're trying to get people into the store because they'll buy more?

But my local store no longer carries the item.  That is my dilemma.

Their shipping is crazy.  I've found that it's less expensive to go to the store, buy what I want and then get their home delivery.  I can buy as much as I want, and they deliver it for a flat rate.  We bought our new sectional (pink puffy heart love), a chair, and several other things, and they delivered it a few days later for the flat fee. I'm not sure why their online shipping is so expensive.  Maybe they're trying to get people into the store because they'll buy more?

IKEA is rather known for outrageous shipping rates. Someone once told me they are actively trying to get people to come inside their store because the chances are good that you will buy more while physically on the premises.

However, since they are not carrying the items in your local store, I would request a ship to store method as well. I have their sun shades and have not been able to find anything like it anywhere else.