Menu

Dying hair with kool-aid?

fourcatmom

hot water + 3-4 packets of red kool-aid (my dd likes cherry), dip hair in cup for 5 mins......rinse.

will NOT wash out......my dd has extremely long hair......she did a section underneath from root to end.  It will not wash out!  She is now in the process of growing it out and it will probably take 3 years as she only trims her hair, never would cut it off short.

It will not wash out EVER (although the color will fade a bit over time). My dd did a small section years ago and it is still slightly red even after trying to have it fixed at a salon.

If your dd is just doing the ends though, if she gets sick of it she can just trim it off!

It will not wash out EVER (although the color will fade a bit over time). My dd did a small section years ago and it is still slightly red even after trying to have it fixed at a salon.

If your dd is just doing the ends though, if she gets sick of it she can just trim it off!

Same experience here! I think it was the combination of RED koolaid + boiling water + uber light blond hair.

No other color was as durable as the red, not by a longshot.

My dd did this when she was in high school.......she is 33 now. She has platinum blond hair.......born with it.

It faded, but had to be grown out.......and it did not fade much. Btw, she dunked her entire head into a huge bowl of Kool aid and hot water......her hair was very long. The color was rather bozo the clown-ish.

A few years later she used manic panic..........totally permanent although the manic panic people did tell me how to fade it. THAT was a nightmare.

Well, she did it! I couldn't talk her out of it. She did just the tips in purple. We'll see. It seems light to me right now. Thanks for all the advice and tips! :D She's a good kid that doesn't ask for hardly anything and woke up so excited to ask me permission to do it this morning. I couldn't say no to her. I hope she'll be happy. :001_smile:

Funny koolaid dye story. My older brother fell into an early grunge/skater scene and wanted to dye his hair with koolaid like his friends were doing. Well most of the kids in that scene in Seattle were white. My brother is mixed AA and white and has very dark, very kinky hair. He, being a 15 year old doofus didn't think about how dark his hair was, didn't bleach his hair first and tried it anyway. Didn't work, no surprise. Anyways a couple of days go by and he is taking a shower. We hear this earspliting scream and he rushes from the bathroom stark naked, dripping bright koolaid color and freaking out because something very strange is coming out of his head. It was of course the koolaid he hadn't rinsed out fully. He'd totally forgotten that he'd tried to do the koolaid thing an was convinced he was having a medical emergency. Oh, and our priest was visiting at the time.

No, we have never let him live this one down. Never. This was the first thing about him I ever told his wife. What can I say, I'm a little sister and it's my job.

Funny koolaid dye story. My older brother fell into an early grunge/skater scene and wanted to dye his hair with koolaid like his friends were doing. Well most of the kids in that scene in Seattle were white. My brother is mixed AA and white and has very dark, very kinky hair. He, being a 15 year old doofus didn't think about how dark his hair was, didn't bleach his hair first and tried it anyway. Didn't work, no surprise. Anyways a couple of days go by and he is taking a shower. We hear this earspliting scream and he rushes from the bathroom stark naked, dripping bright koolaid color and freaking out because something very strange is coming out of his head. It was of course the koolaid he hadn't rinsed out fully. He'd totally forgotten that he'd tried to do the koolaid thing an was convinced he was having a medical emergency. Oh, and our priest was visiting at the time.

No, we have never let him live this one down. Never. This was the first thing about him I ever told his wife. What can I say, I'm a little sister and it's my job.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: