Menu

So. . . If Your Family Is going to be asleep when Sherlock airs on PBS. . .

Jean in Newcastle

Is being asleep their choice?

Do they know it is on tonight and do they have the option of being awake?

If they are choosing sleep over Sherlock, IMHO, they have made their choice and too bad. I would watch it!

Edit: I forgot, I am so mean that if they choose sleep over Sherlock, I would spend all day tomorrow telling them how fantastic it was. :)

Earlier in the week I thought I would sleep and wait. The kids are definitely going to sleep. Now that we realize tomorrow is a holiday (for dh, for my disabled dd, for the two classes middle dd takes at public school--but not for homeschool), I'm kind of thinking I will watch to see John find out Sherlock is alive and then allow myself to get sucked in and watch the whole thing. I will feel absolutely no guilt if everyone else is asleep (though I imagine dh will get sucked in too). The kids really need to go to sleep by 10:00.

Earlier in the week I thought I would sleep and wait. The kids are definitely going to sleep. Now that we realize tomorrow is a holiday (for dh, for my disabled dd, for the two classes middle dd takes at public school--but not for homeschool), I'm kind of thinking I will watch to see John find out Sherlock is alive and then allow myself to get sucked in and watch the whole thing. I will feel absolutely no guilt if everyone else is asleep (though I imagine dh will get sucked in too). The kids really need to go to sleep by 10:00.

Whatever you do, I would strongly advise NOT watching just the first few minutes and then walking away.  That happened here because we were trying to watching it live streaming, but the stream goobered up so we just got through that one scene (yes, THAT one right at the beginning), and then were left to wonder what in the world just happened for the next couple of hours until we had a chance to actually find out the context, which was revealed about 2 minutes later.

Once you start watching, there aren't that many good places to stop.  

Have you lost your mind?  You have to watch the whole thing, woman!!!!!  You CAN'T just watch to see when John finds out.  There's so much that happens after that.  You have to watch it all!  Good grief, I'm all stressed out thinking about you not watching the whole thing.

My kids have this thing where they will only watch a recorded episode of something if all of them are there to watch. They have waited days to watch an anticipated episode of something because schedules keep them from getting together at the same time. My kids are sweet...................I'm all about 'every man for himself!" when it comes to tv viewing. Clearly they did not get their sense of fair play from me. :coolgleamA:

It won't show up on Netflix for months. If you want to see it now you  have to see it on PBS, either on your local channel or stream it. I can only stream (don't own a TV) and the last series was put up at midnight after broadcast. We streamed it on Monday evenings. I am guessing it will be the same this time around

You might be able to purchase it from Itunes at midnight. BBC is very good about getting their stuff up ASAP, or has been with stuff I have wanted to see.

Dh has to leave the house at 4 am to work - he can't chose to watch Sherlock and be functional at work.  I haven't told the kids about Sherlock airing because while sometimes I let them stay up past their 10 pm bedtime, 11:30 is too late on a school night.  

In that case I would watch it on the quiet.