Menu

Your favorite juicer

unfrumpable.

I have purchased an Omega twice because I think it's one of the best ones out there in its class. It gets reviews that say the same. But every time I purchase one, I end up not using it. 

Need a good deal on an Omega that was used just once or twice?  ;)

I have purchased an Omega twice because I think it's one of the best ones out there in its class. It gets reviews that say the same. But every time I purchase one, I end up not using it. 

Need a good deal on an Omega that was used just once or twice?  ;)

haha :) I have looked at them on Amazon and they have good reviews overall, but I'm not sure I want to spend that much money plus the tube looks really small where the veggies go in. Do you just not like it?

I am thinking that if I get a less expensive centrifugal juicer, I can squeeze out the pulp and then use the pulp in smoothies.

I'm in a learning curve with mine, I got a Breville Fountain Crush on a one day sale:

http://www.amazon.com/Breville-BJS600XL-Fountain-Masticating-Juicer/dp/B008P8LAVW/ref=sr_1_4?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1389116395&sr=1-4&keywords=breville+fountain+juicer

The bowl leaked, Breville sent a new one. If I can figure out how to keep it from clogging (from celery and ginger), I will be good to go. It juices kale and apples great! Just having trouble with fibrous veggies. The chute is on the small side, so you have to slice (and peel) the apples and cucks. And cut rind off of lemons etc.

Maybe Amazon will run another sale.... I got it for $179!

I am thinking that if I get a less expensive centrifugal juicer, I can squeeze out the pulp and then use the pulp in smoothies.

I have a Moulinex juicer that I got when my mom passed away - 13 yrs ago so older than that - and it's still working just fine.  To be honest though, the only thing I use it for is carrot/beet juice.  Otherwise I use my Vitamix.  (Carrot juice is too bitter with all the pulp, imo.)

I also had a really ancient Challenger Juicer that is still going strong.  I gave it to my dd.  I don't think they even make them anymore.