Menu

So confess, what did you buy for your kids that was really because *you* wanted it...

I <almost> bought ds11 his own rigid heddle weaving loom because I wanted another size one....instead I signed him up for a class on weaving first to make sure he really does enjoy it. In my defense, he has been asking to weave his own things.

LOL, I wanted to get Elizabeth (12) a gorgeous spinning wheel....  But wasn't sure I could quite justify it.  Yet.  Maybe next year.  This year, oodles of roving for her drop spindle and then next year........ ;)

Personally I really like the farmers of the moor expansion for Agricola. 

:scared:

Didn't realize there were expansions to Agricola!

I have wanted this game FOREVER, but I haven't been able to convince anyone until CJ asked for it out of the blue this year!  I had it bought about ten minutes later.  I had NO idea there were expansions!!  I'm not sure whether to laugh or to cry. 

Any chance the expansion box fits in a moderate size stocking?  We only allow the kids three gifts but the good fun is the stockings. That's where I stuck the full size cards for Ticket to Ride Europe, lol.

LOL, I wanted to get Elizabeth (12) a gorgeous spinning wheel.... But wasn't sure I could quite justify it. Yet. Maybe next year. This year, oodles of roving for her drop spindle and then next year........ ;)

DS 13 is getting a drop spindle and fiber. He says he wants to spin yarn for me to weave. I figure if he likes it it will be calming and provide me with ample hand spun. Win-win.

:scared:

Didn't realize there were expansions to Agricola!

I have wanted this game FOREVER, but I haven't been able to convince anyone until CJ asked for it out of the blue this year!  I had it bought about ten minutes later.  I had NO idea there were expansions!!  I'm not sure whether to laugh or to cry. 

Any chance the expansion box fits in a moderate size stocking?  We only allow the kids three gifts but the good fun is the stockings. That's where I stuck the full size cards for Ticket to Ride Europe, lol.

I don't think so.

DId you just buy one box? You can also buy the pieces expansion. Instead of having little squares to represent the animals you have little wooden pieces in the shape of sheep, boars, wheat, ...

They also have another box you can buy with a two player version.

And you can buy expansion cards for it. (Not my style)

http://www.thecultofthenew.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=Agricola

I bought my 12 year old a theremin, but since he could probably care less, I wrapped it and wrote my own name on it.

I got my 6 year old a Perplexus because I want it. In all honesty, he will probably chuck it across the room when he gets stuck. I got my 12 year old a stop motion animation app that looks really fun and a bamboo drawing tablet. My 18 year old is getting a henna tattoo kit that is a one time use thing, so of course we will both have to use it.

I asked for Dixit, because I want to play it with the kids. I would have punted it to one of the kids, but MIL wanted a gift idea for me, so I claimed it.

• 2 weeks later...