Menu

Can we talk jeans?

Mommy to monkeys

All you ladies with waists that are MUCH smaller with fuller bums and thighs, where do you buy your jeans??? I'm completely frustrated with trying to find some that fit me and don't look ridiculous.  In my younger years, I would just wear very low rise pants. . .but that's just not going to work anymore. And don't get me started on skinny jeans! So not made for the long torso/pear shaped me.  I did okay when the trouser style pants were in stores. Those actually fit, but now I'm just annoyed.  I'm going to visit family over the holiday and they have tons of shopping and some of the best consignment shops know to mankind, SO some brands that normally may be out of range may be doable.

Hit me with your best ideas. (Something other than just wearing only skirts as it's too cold for that!)

I'm also listening. My hips are apparently a full size larger than my waist; I am spoon-shaped. Almost everything I own borders on being mom jeans. I have saved up and want to reward myself with a GOOD, well-fitting pair of jeans when I get to my goal weight, which should be soon!

I've recently started wearing "Stella" jeans from Express. They fit my small waist/large booty the best out of all the many  non-Mom jeans I've tried. They're also currently 50% off until Friday (Ijust bought two pair!!).

"Payton" jeans from Buckle are pretty good, too. My young adult dd helped me find them. Not sure if they are on sale. :)

I bought a pair of Angel jeans and they fit my big butt well.  :laugh:

Are those Junior's sizing? I don't think I can pull that off anymore. My waist is small but I have "twin tummy" so I NEED a bit more rise on my pants.

I shop at the Buckle. They can look you up and down and give you a pair that'll fit like a glove. They are expensive and so worth it. Super cute too. 

I'll check it out. Definitely worth a shot. If I can have 2 pair that fit well for going oot and aboot and then just wear yoga pants around the rest of the time, I'll be good to go.

I have had success with the 1969 Perfect Boot jean at The Gap.  I was stunned when I put them on and there was no huge gap at the waist!  They are a bit low-waisted, but not crazy-low.  Try on a bunch of pairs because they vary.  

Good luck.  My waist is two sizes smaller than my hips so jean shopping is kind of a joke.

I have had success with the 1969 Perfect Boot jean at The Gap.  I was stunned when I put them on and there was no huge gap at the waist!  They are a bit low-waisted, but not crazy-low.  Try on a bunch of pairs because they vary.  

Good luck.  My waist is two sizes smaller than my hips so jean shopping is kind of a joke.

My hips are two sizes bigger as well, but my thighs are bigger still. . .That's always my biggest issue.

Gonna second the Buckle. Though, I get measured and then take the card with measurements and buy used off eBay. :)

That's a great idea! I would have to try them on first definitely before ordering something.  I think my first try is going to be looking at consignment for all the brands mentioned and seeing what (if anything!) fits well and doesn't make me look so proportionally distorted.

I find that the jeans from Cato fit me. They have sizes 4-26W with petite and I think some talls as well so they should have something that fits. They offer a few different cuts but each pair is labeled clearly with the fit as well as a description. It is the ONLY store I can go into and try on 6 pairs of jeans and ALL 6 fit. I might not like the style on me but they fit. Most of the time I pay $19.99 or less for my jeans there, occ. a bit more but they have nice sales.

The jeans have just a hint of stretch which is really nice.