Menu

How does your pastor's wife dress?

Whereneverever

But I'm talking about the people in your congregation, not strangers at a hospital desk. Who knows what they expect, and you may have made a good impression on them in spite of your feeling slightly awkward.

That's true. :)

And I suppose it can't have been all that bad of an impression because they did let me go back.

Right now, pjs.  It sounds to me like you are dressing age appropriate. Don't worry, everyone has a different idea of clergy wives, what we should wear, how many kids we should have, where we sit in church, the list is extensive. One has to have a good sense of humor. :D

Another PW I knew used to say we need to have the hide of an alligator and the heart of a lamb.  I liked that. 

If she is in the sanctuary to hear the service, she dresses in a skirt and nice shirt.  Most of the time she is leading the kids' area though, and lives in jeans and tasteful tshirts.  Same when she is out and about.

My pastor's wife is trendy even in her 50s. She is beautiful! Our previous pastor's wife wore lots of denim jumpers, and high neck shorts, and that was just her style at the time, but she is more trendy now.

I am not sure what people expect pastor's wives to wear. If you had on a leather miniskirt, fishnet tights, and a bikini top, then maybe not introducing yourself as a pator's wife is a good plan next time lol. ;)