Menu

Tell me about Googledrive, do you use it?

Prairie~Phlox

I use it for things I need on the move, for creating web forms for things like field trip RSVPs (for our homeschool group) and class/payroll tracking (at work), and for other shared/collaborative documents.

I also like that, when I'm at work, I can print documents from Drive to my home computer. (Personal documents, I mean)

AMDG

I have my daughter use it for almost all of her school work. On too many occassions over the years she has lost valuable work/time b/c of a down computer (which hasn't happened since we replaced the lousy Dells) or down internet.

With her school wk in the cloud she can access her wk from any computer any time. She hasnt lost any school work or time since we've started using google drive. Well, once in a while internet access is down and we lose time getting to the library or coffee shop but, again, that hasnt happened since I got a phone with a mobile hot spot.

Having said all that . . . I LOVE that my daughter has all her wk in the cloud and it is easily accessible anywhere/any time. However, drive leaves a lot to be desired. There isn't any fun built in st all. No fun editing tricks, et c. It os strictly vanilla. Vanilla is an excellent option and dependable but sometimes a girl wants chocolate . . . Or sprinkles . . . Or both.

We use it for everything too. I've killed too many computers to trust my stuff to one.

Yes, this. My daughter also invites me to check her work on her drive and I am able to edit it, along with other people.

I have a lot of records I have to have on hand in various places (tax documents, SSI numbers, medical records, etc.) and using drive makes it possible to get those things on the fly. I also store all of my curriculum .pdf files on it so that they are safe. I can download them to any device or print them out.

I use it a little bit.  It's been especially nice for sharing things in a group.  For example, I have several friends and family in my area that homeschool.  We keep a shared doc with lists of field trip options, links to helpful websites, etc.  Anyone can hop on at any time to look at it or add something.  I like the idea of using it for the kids' papers, too.