Menu

How to take advantage of Audible's Listener Rewards this month and get free/cheap audio books!

I love using audio books for school read alouds, for car trips, for myself while folding laundry, for encouraging preschool "quiet time"....I use audio all the time.

So, this month is Listening Rewards month on Audible, which means you get a $10 credit on your account if you "buy" 4 books - and even getting the book for free still counts as "buying." So, working listening rewards + free credits + free whispersync classics means you can quickly and cheaply bulk up your audio book collection! In 18 months I have over 131 books, with only paying for one credit a month, and I don't even do that every month.

I posted on my blog today the instructions for how to work the deal, with screenshots and everything to make it easy:

How To Get Up To 15 Audible Audiobooks for $4 or less

I hope it helps! 

I love using audio books for school read alouds, for car trips, for myself while folding laundry, for encouraging preschool "quiet time"....I use audio all the time.

So, this month is Listening Rewards month on Audible, which means you get a $10 credit on your account if you "buy" 4 books - and even getting the book for free still counts as "buying." So, working listening rewards + free credits + free whispersync classics means you can quickly and cheaply bulk up your audio book collection! In 18 months I have over 131 books, with only paying for one credit a month, and I don't even do that every month.

I posted on my blog today the instructions for how to work the deal, with screenshots and everything to make it easy:

How To Get Up To 15 Audible Audiobooks for $4 or less

I hope it helps! 

Ok - I am not getting the Audible option after I purchase from Amazon.  I have my Amazon and Audible accounts linked.  Is it because I'm in Canada?

Ok - I am not getting the Audible option after I purchase from Amazon.  I have my Amazon and Audible accounts linked.  Is it because I'm in Canada?

That's the quick way to do it, but there have been random times where the audible option hasn't shown up for me, too. Audible still knows whether or not you got the Kindle version and when you go there, it should still give you the deal price. Not all the audio versions are whispersync-ready, and I noticed that sometimes different whispersync versions are still different prices, too.

I don't understand how you're getting the books to work. I purchased 4 books this morning with credits & cash & only 1 applied towards my $10 because they have to be $14.95 or higher to count. What annoys me most is that if i weren't a member all but one of those books WOULD have been within the price range. It doesn't matter because I would have purchased the books without the monthly offer, but I'm trying to figure out how some of the books you've mentioned are counting..

Yes, any book that has a regular price higher than 14.95 is supposed to count, regardless of how much you actually pay for it. You don't have to buy 4 at once, just 4 total in the promotional window (through the 28th) and they'll credit your account by December 4th. My account still doesn't have the $10 credit, but it will show up. I've used this promotion twice before, and it has always worked.

I don't see the counter either, but I also don't see anything regarding it only being for USA customers, so I'm hoping that purchases are just taking a while to show up.

Other .99 and under Classics directly from Audible (without the Kidle/Whispersync option) are:

* Tess of the d'Urbervilles - Thomas Hardy ( Regular Price:$34.99, Member Price:$14.95, Special Price:$0.99)

* The Picture of Dorian Gray - Oscar Wilde (Regular Price:$23.07,  Member Price:$16.15,  Special Price:$0.99)

* Adventures of Huckleberry Finn - By Mark Twain , Narrated By Elijah Wood (Regular Price:$24.95, Member Price:$17.46, Special Price:$0.00)

The Three Musketeers - By Alexandre Dumas , Narrated By John Lee (Regular Price:$34.99, Member Price:$12.69, Special Price:$0.99)

and

* Jane Eyre

* Pride and Prejudice

* A portrait of the artist as a young man ($ 0.00)

* Gulliver's Travels: A Signature Performance by David Hyde Pierce ($ 0.00)

* Moll Flanders By Daniel Defoe Narrated By Davina Porter ($ 0.00)

* White Fang by Jack London Narrated By John Lee

And here is the link for Whispersync / Audible deals.

If you're a history lover....One of the $0.99 Amazon kindle /whispersync deals that caught my eye is "History of the Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire, Volume 1" (Edward Gibbon  and Narrated by Bernard Mayes).  There are 6 volumes, but the regular Audible price for each is $34.25 for members).

I don't see the counter either, but I also don't see anything regarding it only being for USA customers, so I'm hoping that purchases are just taking a while to show up.

Other .99 and under Classics directly from Audible (without the Kidle/Whispersync option) are:

* Tess of the d'Urbervilles - Thomas Hardy ( Regular Price:$34.99, Member Price:$14.95, Special Price:$0.99)

* The Picture of Dorian Gray - Oscar Wilde (Regular Price:$23.07,  Member Price:$16.15,  Special Price:$0.99)

* Adventures of Huckleberry Finn - By Mark Twain , Narrated By Elijah Wood (Regular Price:$24.95, Member Price:$17.46, Special Price:$0.00)

The Three Musketeers - By Alexandre Dumas , Narrated By John Lee (Regular Price:$34.99, Member Price:$12.69, Special Price:$0.99)

and

* Jane Eyre

* Pride and Prejudice

* A portrait of the artist as a young man ($ 0.00)

* Gulliver's Travels: A Signature Performance by David Hyde Pierce ($ 0.00)

* Moll Flanders By Daniel Defoe Narrated By Davina Porter ($ 0.00)

* White Fang by Jack London Narrated By John Lee

And here is the link for Whispersync / Audible deals.

These don't show up at the reduced price for me.  Are they only on sale for a limited time?  we just started with audible last month so I am new to how it works.  DS mostly uses it.

ETA"  After getting the free kindle version, I will get an automatic suggestion to purchase the linked audio version, but they are showing at full price or a slight discount only. 

These don't show up at the reduced price for me.  Are they only on sale for a limited time?  we just started with audible last month so I am new to how it works.  DS mostly uses it.

ETA"  After getting the free kindle version, I will get an automatic suggestion to purchase the linked audio version, but they are showing at full price or a slight discount only. 

Oh dear, I'm sorry, I've been a member for more than a year and I see them as 'special price'.   It could be that I have downloaded most of these for Kindle from Amazon in the past already and since the companies are linked the data pulls through - I don't know.

Are you logged into audible.com when you look at them? 

Do other people see the special price?

I'll try to link to directly to the items I see at a 'special price' (I was running out of time yesterday)

A Portrait of the Artist as a young man

Gullivers Travels

Moll Flanders

White Fang

Pride and Prejudice

Jane Eyre

The Picture of Dorian Grey

Heidi

A tale of two cities

Oh dear, I'm sorry, I've been a member for more than a year and I see them as 'special price'.   It could be that I have downloaded most of these for Kindle from Amazon in the past already and since the companies are linked the data pulls through - I don't know.

Are you logged into audible.com when you look at them? 

Do other people see the special price?

I'll try to link to directly to the items I see at a 'special price' (I was running out of time yesterday)

A Portrait of the Artist as a young man

Gullivers Travels

Moll Flanders

White Fang

Pride and Prejudice

Jane Eyre

The Picture of Dorian Grey

Heidi

A tale of two cities

When I look at your links I see regular and member prices, but not a special price.  I think you have to purchase the Kindle book before the special price on Audible shows up.  That's what happened with a Henty book I bought today - I found it on Audible first - no special price.  Then I "bought" it for free from Amazon, then I went back to Audible and there was a special price - $2.99.

• 2 weeks later...

I need some help.  I have an audible account, but I cancelled my membership in the middle of 2012.  I tried to do the free trial offer, but I am not eligible since I already did it back then.  Can I still participate in the Buy 4 Get $10 bonus offer?  I'm guessing I have to buy a membership at 14.95/month?  Today I did purchase 3 free classics, and then get the Whispersync audio for free or .99 - so that part works for me.  I do not have a counter anywhere showing that these purchases have counted toward the Buy 4 promotion.  Thoughts?

About once a year, I ask about any promotions I am eligible for. They always offer me 3 months at $7 something, I purchase 3 expensive books with the credits and a couple more books at discount. Then I cancel again. You might want to ask if you are eligible for a $7 something deal.

I never got my $10 credit. I also didn't get my monthly credit on the 10th either.  Very strange. It shows that my next credit is due on 1/10/14, so I should have just gotten one.  I'll send them an email now.

Well they have quick CS!  They gave me a $15 credit and my monthly credit.

Huh? We were supposed to get a credit AND $10. I got the $10.00, but no credit. I just unsubscribed from my 3 month reduced fee period. I don't know if I still qualify. I'll have to e-mail them. If anything, their CS is even better than Amazon. I think because everything is digital and costs them nothing, they can afford to be ultra-generous.

Huh? We were supposed to get a credit AND $10. I got the $10.00, but no credit. I just unsubscribed from my 3 month reduced fee period. I don't know if I still qualify. I'll have to e-mail them. If anything, their CS is even better than Amazon. I think because everything is digital and costs them nothing, they can afford to be ultra-generous.

I didn't see anything about a free credit and $10. I just saw that you would get $10 worth of credit to your account.

I didn't get an email and didn't notice anything on Audible, but when I purchased an audiobook via Amazon (adding the audiobook after purchasing the kindle version) it took $10 off my price. I only found out when I reviewed my emailed receipt from Audible.