Menu

And here I thought it was too early for whine . . .

scrapbookbuzz

It's not even 0900 (9am) here. Isn't that a bit early for whine? Now, I don't drink it but the kids are sure 

pouring it out generously. Oh, wait, I heard some laughter. But I'm sure it won't be too long before

brother walks into the same room as sister and the pouring of whine will begin yet again.

Anyone else facing this today?

I'm sure there's plenty of whine at my house. I sent an email early this morning to both children and DH itemizing what is due this week and what is past due.   I suspect next week needs to be dedicated to "catching up" though. :glare:

bobbeym, I sometimes wish I could 'email' the kids what they need to do, knowing it would get done. The proven reality (from when I've been on weeklong trips) is that neither by children 

can be responsible for following written instructions to completion nor can my dh be expected to hold them accountable for it. *sigh*  Must be why I get so irritated when he suggests that

I get a job . . . but I digress.

Now it's almost lunch time and I need to figure out what we're eating!

Unfortunately, early enough for whine and early enough for wine don't come at the same time of day.  Chocolate and coffee have to do until a little later.

I love to make risotto.  My recipe calls for one glass of white wine in the risotto and one glass for the cook to drink while she stirs and stirs.  You can't walk away from risotto while it's cooking so I pour a glass of wine, pull up a stool and ignore all the whine for 20 minutes.  "Sorry, I'm making risotto.  It will have to wait."

bobbeym, I sometimes wish I could 'email' the kids what they need to do, knowing it would get done. The proven reality (from when I've been on weeklong trips) is that neither by children 

can be responsible for following written instructions to completion nor can my dh be expected to hold them accountable for it. *sigh*  Must be why I get so irritated when he suggests that

I get a job . . . but I digress.

Now it's almost lunch time and I need to figure out what we're eating!

Usually it's that way at my house too.   I'm amazed at how successful the email, along with a "due date" log that listed course, generic assignment due, and grading method (color-coded to folders and binders, of course) was in getting DH to get some of that stuff done.  I only grade English assignments and History papers, DH grades everything else, but I declined to grade tonight.