Menu

Who is going to tackle Thursday with me?

Tress

I have such bad nights with my 2yo at the moment, that we all overslept to 8:30. Which is a miracle, because usually the kids are up before 7 am. So I'm not really complaining ;), I really needed that extra time to sleep, but it sure makes for a really short morning. Which makes me feel hurried.

Done:

-Math, Reading and Latin with kids

-translated one chapter of CWP3 (7 out of 15)

-one load of laundry

Time for lunch now.

Tress....hopefully the rest of your day will go smoothly.  

To do:

• vacuum and tidy first floor
  • wash rugs and curtains on first floor 
  • wash bathroom rugs 
  • laundry- one load of each
  • work on lesson planning
  • make a meal plan for the next three weeks and prepare a list of what we need
  • pay a few bills
  • go to the bank
  • get an Amazon order ready to submit for a few more school items we need
  • cook a yummy dinner

Dd doctor appt.- done

Pick up Dh's meds- one wasn't available, pick up tomorrow

Library- done

Nap- done, good lord it's hot out, if its this hot in Virginia I may not survive next weekend.

Dishes- done

Have dd tidy her room- in progress

Try to clean our room and closet to start packing- in progress

Dinner- done

Laundry- just have to fold the blanket, will wait until I'm done with the closet, since that is where it goes :)

Yesterday got away from me.  Too much misbehaving from the kids turned into a mom who just wanted to shut down (and I did!)  Today isn't starting off well with the kids but I'm determined to turn that around.  Time for the park to hopefully get tons of energy out and them I'm hitting the to do list.

Sweep downstairs

Organize last 2 closets

One normal load of laundry

launder cloth diapers

clean master bath

clean master bedroom

Vacuum upstairs hallway

Thats all I'm making myself do today. Anymore and I may go insane

breakfast

dishes

dinner in crockpot

make snack for playdate (totally forgot I needed to do this!)  oatmeal raisin muffins to the rescue (although not sure who will eat them since they have egg and dairy in them...)

playdate - 40 min away :/

fix rice and sauce for dinner- already made rice and will heat up later

Pick up books

bath

hopefully nothing else - that will completely wear me out...

My list for today is going to look an awful lot like my list from yesterday ;)

Make breakfast

Work more on cleaning the house.

At least two loads of laundry finished

Finish planning first two weeks of school and get lists for:

Supplies

Library Books

Plan paycheck

Kitchen table CLEANED OFF

Have Kitchen clean

Pick up bedrooms and hallway

Tidy up bathroom

Have dd clean living room and make her bed (I ended up cleaning LR but dd is cleaning her room instead, so I'll take it.)

Give baby a bath

Make lunch

Figure out and cook dinner

Mail thank you cards

Sweep entire downstairs

babysitting girl 630-330

drive ds14 to and from work (he works 4-830)

dayhome interview at 2pm

dayhome interview at 5pm

vacuum back room

put baby gate back up to backroom

finish cleaning livingroom

vacuum livingroom rug & sweep/mop the laminate

finish cleaning kitchen

sweep/mop the kitchen floor

laundry

clean exterior entrance

take a shower (sad it must be on here but time got away from me the last 2 days before I got one)

clean the bathroom

vacuum alcove

clean office

clean boys room

school- math, online, driver's ed, history of horse (school is not the priority today, getting these clients is, so school may be bumped aside to allow for more time to get ready for the interviews)

I am amazing myself :D.

My dh is on a business trip and I'm doing everything solo this week, but I had dinner ready at 6:00 pm sharp!

And while cooking spaghetti bolognese sauce, I also thoroughly cleaned the kitchen. A-ma-zing, if I say so myself :).

Done:

-cooked dinner

-cleaned kitchen

-post dinner clean up

-walked to the post office

-tried to buy&download some mp3s from Amazon. 'Not available to non-US customers'.

-tried to buy&download some mp3s from Amazon.uk 'Not available to non-UK customers'.

What is wrong with Amazon/the seller, don't those people want to make money??

I don't want anything strange or illegal, I want a Lingua Latina mp3 file!

Emailed dh to get him to ask a UK co-worker to buy the mp3.

Done: 

FIAR

phonics

first day photos

library for books on hold

Target for photos finished and ready to be picked up

Still to do: 

Clean kids' rooms

Wow, this morning was hairy. Kids were difficult.  We got it done, but it wasn't smooth or cooperative.  Deep breath.

waiting for kitchen floor to dry so I can get back to the rest of the house, having a cup of coffee while I wait.  I got my shower in.  Did some more work in the kitchen and livingroom.  Sent the girls with the pups for a walk so I could sweep and wash the kitchen floor.  Did so on my hands and knees, I always forget how long that takes compared to how long when I use the steam mop.  As soon as the floor is dry I will be doing the necessary vacuuming throughout the house, hopefully before the pups are home since they are scared of the vacuum.  Then off to finish the livingroom first, kitchen second.  I have 90 minutes before the first interview (well 90 minutes minimum we said between 2-3) and I want the place spotless and perfect.  It won't always be that way during the day (though always safe and sanitary) but first impressions and all that, kwim.  So thoroughly enjoying this coffee because it will be my last break until after the interview.

well my 2 pm interview rescheduled for next week.  Her little one just threw up.  So my panic about being ready is over lol.  Have a little left to do to feel the inside is perfect for my 5pm.  And gives me time to get that exterior entrance area finally done, it's been on my list all week.

Anyway, the things I did finish in the meantime, cleaned the bathroom, vacuumed the alcove, vacuumed the backroom and put gate up, I have 1 sink of dishes left to wash (found them in the boys room), and in the livingroom I broke it into 3rds, so 2/3 are laminate floiring with 1/3 of area rug between.  1/3 of the room is spic and span, laminate washed, dusting done etc.  the area rug/couch area is clean, cushions plumped but still have to vacuum.  The other 1/3 I have 1 table top to finish cleaning off and then sweep and wash that section of laminate.  Between the kitchen and livingroom I figure 30 more minutes of work.  Then I am taking a late lunch break before tackling the exterior.  The office and the rest of the boys room I had always planned to do after my 2nd interview while waiting to pick ds up from work.

Geeze finish the kitchen and all the kids show back up hungry for lunch. Make a mess. Eat. And run back out the door. Have to clean it again. And sawyer woke up and proceeded to poop 3 times on various carpets in the house. Runny icky poops. So those carpets are freshly scrubbed. Now I eat and make my own mess in the kitchen before I reclean it.

exterior entrance done

kitchen basically done...until I go to start cooking supper

ds14 getting ready for work, leave in 20 to drive him, the same time babysitting girl leaves

Once back from dropping him off it's time to do the mad scurry to make sure it is all perfect for my 5pm interview, then cook dinner, and get some laundry going. 

First up after dinner, clean my office

Just getting on here at 3 pm to post and check in.

Done:

Showered

Printed out archery handouts

Hole punched bee project handouts

Lots of emails/posts about 4-H stuff

Rounded up all the 4-H stuff for tomorrow

Went to dollar store for a few items

Dropped off recycling

Went to bread store

To Do:

eat lunch

take ds to library

peel eggs

make egg salad for tomorrow

pick up ds

make hashweh for tomorrow

cut up foam to use for decorating

dinner - tortellini w/marinara sauce

check kids' school work

4-H is driving me crazy and we haven't even started yet.

HIRED! 1 fulltime kid.  Just for the 1 month of harvest but it is a start.  Another interview tomorrow and then a 3rd next week.  My one tomorrow she has already said 100% her kids will come here she just wants them to meet me.  So things are looking up for sure.  BEtween temporary kids and the p/t timers September I will earn enough to renew my expired license plates (and pay the outstanding speeding tickets), and get my boy cat fixed.

Dinner has started cooking.   and doing a written assignment as part of an online writing job that pays $25-30 per piece used if you get hired.  So doing that while I cook and eat dinner, then can submit it.  Writing articles for our homeschool board magazine that have been published has given me a huge boost of confidence to even try for this.