Menu

I hate the first day back to school!

Today is our first day back to school.  I know from experience that it is always hard going back and that the transition takes up to a month.  So I had very low expectations for today.  Get ready, read history while eating breakfast, go to the library, where we will meet some friends, eat lunch, do some math and a spelling placement test.  

We didn't even get to the eating breakfast step before trouble arrived.  I purposely insisted to my dh that the kids keep their morning routines all summer (he is a teacher and was off for the summer).  They have to get dressed, make their beds, brush their hair, and dd8 also feeds the bunnies before breakfast.  They have done this all summer without issue.  But this morning, dd8 decides she wants to eat before getting these things done, even though she was the last one up (always is) and ds and I were waiting for her.  I was gentle.  I hugged her and asked her to go feed the bunnies first.  She did it, but comes back with an attitude.  I asked her what she wanted for breakfast, but she said she didn't care.  So I didn't give her anything, figuring she can get some cereal.  But she just sat there doing nothing on a day when we are meeting someone.   :banghead: 

We haven't even gotten to the part of our day that is different!  

Thank you for listening.  Rant over.  

Our first day was quite a doozy too. We're on our third day now (they had yesterday off because of something my mil signed them up for before consulting with me), and it's still not going so well. My youngest thinks playing around with his penis is more important than doing math...I need to sanitize those darn math manipulatives!

Our first day was quite a doozy too. We're on our third day now (they had yesterday off because of something my mil signed them up for before consulting with me), and it's still not going so well. My youngest thinks playing around with his penis is more important than doing math...I need to sanitize those darn math manipulatives!

oh my!

Okay.  I'm in tears!   :smilielol5:

Oh. My. God. 

I'm laughing so hard I can't see straight. 

<mental note - sanitize all used manipulatives - you don't know where they've been> :svengo:

Lol!

Sorry I was a bit too blunt about my day earlier. I was frustrated with my wonderful DS because he just wouldn't stop...well, you know what he wouldn't stop doing. I'm not used to boys, even 8 years later (It was the 6-year-old doing the thing though).

And yes, I would sanitize any used manipulatives. 

Sorry I was a bit too blunt about my day earlier. I was frustrated with my wonderful DS because he just wouldn't stop...well, you know what he wouldn't stop doing. I'm not used to boys, even 8 years later (It was the 6-year-old doing the thing though).

And yes, I would sanitize any used manipulatives. 

Angie, thanks for being real. :)

Hilarious! LOL Boys!