Menu

Library brag

I just have to share how absolutely awesome our local library system is. As of this month, they have partnered with over 30 Bay Area destinations (museums and the like) to give free or deeply discounted admission to local library patrons. Which means even with dh on unemployment and in school, we CAN afford to go a few places this fall! The librarian was very excited to share this info with us, since they all know there that we homeschool, and they are all always trying to help us out!

:hurray: :party:

Would I just go into the library and ask for a pass? I'm in Nor Cal so I'm sure our library participates in it.

You go to your library's webpage. Click on the "Discover & Go" icon, login with your library card number, and print the pass for the places you want.

This is the FAQ with instructions for San Mateo library card holders but it would be same for your library

http://www.smcl.org/en/content/discover-go-frequently-asked-questions

You go to your library's webpage. Click on the "Discover & Go" icon, login with your library card number, and print the pass for the places you want.

I figured this out today after reading this thread this AM. What a surprise that there are so many resources available to us that we don't know about .... Thanks for letting us know.

I need to stop complaining about my library, which is actually pretty good for a rural area, and doing more reserves and ILLs instead of clicking on that stupid "buy it now" button at Amazon and fainting when the bill comes.

The only thing I miss about big city life is your wonderful libraries. Enjoy, and use this time in your life to increase circulation and request good books; you'll be helping other low income families while you save money.

We live in a small town and I'll put a shout out for our library.  They have passes for different museums, etc. Some are just discount passes while others are free passes.  It's not just for our area--there are passes to the Boston museums (2 1/2 hours away).  

Our town is VERY involved in our library and expects a lot from it.  Maybe by making requests and having others do the same you may be able to get your library to do things differently (of course it may take awhile. . .).  Also consider volunteering so you can learn the ins and outs of your library.