Menu

Checking in and updating since my topic was closed

runbikeswim

I went to work and when I came back, my thread had exploded and is now closed so I am updating here. I definately don't want to resurrect the old topic. I just wanted to say that between the links, references to scripture and everyone's opinions, I will be doing a lot of reading and praying over the next few days. Even the argumentative post really helped me out. I promise you, I never intended for things to get so heated. This is the only online MB I frequent and all of my "real" friends are very mild about religion.

I don't want the fate of my soul to rest on what someone online told me but contrary to another poster's statement, I AM taking everyone's advice to heart. I would have never gotten the wealth of information from both sides in real life that I just received from everyone here.

I will confess to being the most mild mannered person on earth in so many respects.  I never thought (please, please don't respond to this statement) that there way one way to heaven, one way to God. I have never doubted the salvation of other Christian religions vs the salvation of being Catholic.

The one idea that really resonated with me was the fact that "I" am not really important in the scheme of things. The "what can I do for God, not what God can do for me" idea. Also that feelings are just feelings, not the end all and be all.

Thank you all. I don't know what is right for me yet, but you all have shown me how I can begin to find out.