Menu

you ok Lewelma?

kiwik

Mostly ok so far. Lewelma may be in the US st the moment but Wellington where she lives is a bit messy again. On the other hand she may not have power yet.

I'm pretty sure she is still here in the states.  She usually stays a month, and I saw her when she got here about 3 weeks ago.

I'll ask her sister on Facebook and let you know.

Edited to add: In case you were wondering, she is my cousin. 

I'm pretty sure she is still here in the states. She usually stays a month, and I saw her when she got here about 3 weeks ago.

I'll ask her sister on Facebook and let you know.

Edited to add: In case you were wondering, she is my cousin.

Nice to see you.

I just got back yesterday.  Thanks for all the concern!  You guys are great.

As Renee said, my flat is fine from the earthquake!  Not a single thing moved.  The building was built after the huge Napier earthquake in 1939 that demolished that city, so it was built to very high standards, thankfully. However, I just walked by the firehouse tonight, and it has be closed until further notice; and the historic building that my friend works in has also been evacuated indefinitely.  Looks like about 30 buildings are in need of work.  They closed downtown for about 2 days while we were gone so that they could clean up all the glass (lots of windows popped out), and begin the safety evaluation.  But all is back to normal now.  We live downtown, so I am glad we missed all the disruption!

The main problem I am having is from the big storm 5 weeks ago that I wrote about here.  The window was blown out upstairs, and although we got it boarded up within a few hours, there is still water damage in my boy's room.  Also, there is simply no scaffolding to be had in the city because of the storm and the Christchurch earthquake 1+ years ago.  So it is still boarded up -- but on the inside, so the rain is funnelling through the walls into our place.  Also, there are no insurance adjusters available because they are all in Christchurch, so we had someone fly out from Melbourne a few weeks ago, apparently.

Anyway, thanks for the concern.  You guys make me feel special!

I'm glad to be back!

Ruth in NZ