Menu

Fast food kid's meals---is it OK for an adult to order one?

Ottakee

I've found kids meals a poor value -- I get each of us a value burger/whatever and we sometimes share a small fries, and we drink water. I do this quite often, so I feel the need not to be too indulgent with the order... And the money matters too. 3 people for about 5 dollars (cdn).

I don't think there's anything wrong with ordering off the kids' menu.  It's not always the best deal, but if that's what you want and they let you order it, then I see no big deal about it.

Ok I'm gonna say it. I don't because it's not enough food for me. Don't get me wrong we don't eat fast food often, but when we do I usually don't even order my little ones kids meals anymore because we always had the problem of them asking for more. 2 small chicken strips, a handful of fries, and a glass of water is not a meal, even in my 3 year olds opinion. We just need more food than that!

Now if the quantity of food was right, and the choices on the kids menu were what I wanted, then I see no problem with actually ordering from the kids menu.

Is that so different from the $1 Menu?

Of course, *we* never purchase food on the interstate during road trips. Dh's Gentleman's Gentleman makes sure that our hamper/cooler is healthfully stocked. He always sees to it that our helicopter delivers ice and sundries to us daily. We want the kids to see the US, but only in total organic comfort.

I've seen that exact same odd posting a few times from different people since the recent upgrades. I think it's some kind of glitch.

Me too, but I thought that if she sees that I quoted her, then she might come back and fix it or let us know what she said?

My kids love to dip their fries in their frosty. Of course, they are skinny little things and the nutritionist encourages that sort of behavior as long as it doesn't happen every day. Everything in moderation. ;)

And even before we found out Paula Deen is a big fat lie, didn't food Network Watchers understand that butter fried in butter wasn't a healthy & daily staple?  ;)

Our local Wendy's has $1.99 kids meals after 4pm. No where does it say for ages 12 and under or only with adult meal purchase, etc. Tonight dd and I went to Wendy's drive through as that is what she wanted for a special treat. I ordered a kids meal for her and one for myself. The grilled chicken wrap, small fry, small pop, and jr. frosty was plenty for me and actually quite tasty....and we both ate for $4 I was just wondering if anyone else ordered kid's meals at fast food places.

I've ordered kids meals at Sonic for myself - I have a weakness for their grilled cheese.  They didn't bat an eyelash, although it's true I'd also ordered a regular meal for my 17yo - maybe they thought the kid's meal was for him? :D