Menu

Netflix expiration dates on live-streaming ??

PrincessMommy

I was doing a little housekeeping in my netflix queue and I discovered that three of my live-streaming items have an "until 6/1/13" date in the notes. One is a pretty old series (Slings and Arrows), and none are particularly popular (another one is a 2009 documentary and it's been in my queue for over a year).

I can't seem to find anything about it on their website. Does anyone know what that's all about?

It just means they're removing it from live streaming content on that date. It might be back at some point, it may not. Not sure if it's because they're renegotiating the rights to use it, or if they just do it to keep the site fresh and keep people looking or not, or some other reason. You could call their customer service if you want a real answer. I've been happy with their responsiveness on the couple times I've called.

Erica in OR

Sometimes the titles refresh the same day, sometimes in weeks or months, sometimes never. It depends on the agreement Netflix has with the rights holder. The company can only offer what it has a license to show.

Agree with the annoyance—Stargate SG-1, the one series my husband watched regularly on Netflix, got taken off last fall, along with all of the workout videos I liked to use. Never came back.

We are still in deep mourning over the loss of Stargate on streaming. :(

• 1 month later...

Very bitter about the removal of Slings and Arrows. Hope it comes back. Any news on the subject?

I thought it was coming back. I'll see if I can find a date. :)