Menu

Amazon vent, I hate how they raise their prices.....

Prairie~Phlox

Yeah, amazon is not good about keeping items at a predictable price.

On the flip side though, I have been known to add gifts to my wish list and keep them there for a few months (mainly for Christmas shopping). I just watch the price fluctuate until I feel like I'm getting a steal, then I buy! I've saved 70% on a train table, The Magic School House DVD's, Schoolhouse Rock DVD and a basketball hoop with this method.

Of course, that doesn't help at all if you don't have months to wait.

They don't just raise their prices! They drop them randomly, too. Sometimes it's a pretty dramatic drop.

I've seen prices drop on saved or wish list items far more often than I've seen them go up....

Yeah, amazon is not good about keeping items at a predictable price.

On the flip side though, I have been known to add gifts to my wish list and keep them there for a few months (mainly for Christmas shopping). I just watch the price fluctuate until I feel like I'm getting a steal, then I buy! I've saved 70% on a train table, The Magic School House DVD's, Schoolhouse Rock DVD and a basketball hoop with this method.

Of course, that doesn't help at all if you don't have months to wait.

They don't just raise their prices! They drop them randomly, too. Sometimes it's a pretty dramatic drop.

Yep. I always keep stuff in my cart or the "save for later" section and grab it when the price is low. Prices on certain things go up and down regularly. This is especially handy for things you buy often, like lotion, foods, vitamins, etc.

I've seen prices drop on saved or wish list items far more often than I've seen them go up....

I've also received refunds for the difference if the price drops soon after a recent purchase. I've gotten small refunds on several occasions.