Menu

best resources for FIAR....

IceFairy

You don't need any sites. Grab the manual and your book. Snuggle. Read. Talk.

The beauty of FIAR is its simplicity. Reading too many blogs will simply make you feel as if you aren't "doing it right." Ignore the blogs. Enjoy the books.

I personally find FIAR blogs super inspiring!! I'll never have a homeschooling day just like Delightful Learnings (though I wish I did) but if I glean a few ideas or rabbit trail ideas from her then I'm happy. She is kind and inspiring. Pinterest is a great place for ideas too. There is a Facebook group that gets tons of ideas too. I've found Netflix to be a fun add on to FIAR. I personally find the fiar collectives ideas more inspiring then just the manuals.

For me, the blogs were helpful because I felt like I needed to see some examples. The book just didn't solidify it for me. I totally agree that the blogs can be overwhelming. Don't try to replicate, just get one or two good ideas.

I heard that homeschool share took everything down and went there on a whim. They're not all gone. I found things for story of Ferdinand, make way for ducklings and miss rumphius. And those were just the ones I was looking for, so give it a try.

I think the key with FIAR is that less really is more. The books just serve as a spark and it can be as little or as in depth as you want. Definitely don't feel like you have to read the book over and over if dc aren't interested.

I usually google the book title and "fiar" and a bunch of blogs pop up. I just look through the first page and find a few ideas to include.

I do the same. I'd say that 75% or more of our FIAR is done conversationally, straight from the manual. I have found some great ideas on a quick blog search, though. We don't do any lapbooking at all, so homeschoolshare is not helpful for me.

I do blog about our rows, if you wanted to read link is in my signature.

I do the same. I'd say that 75% or more of our FIAR is done conversationally, straight from the manual. I have found some great ideas on a quick blog search, though. We don't do any lapbooking at all, so homeschoolshare is not helpful for me.

I LOVE your blog!

I've started and quit FIAR more than I care to admit, and (for me) mostly because of making things too complicated and being intimidated by other blogs.

I feel like digging it out again before my youngest gets too old!

Thanks for sharing!

Pam

We're currently doing mostly BFIAR for pre-k, and plan to move to FIAR for K. I also cruise the blogs and pinterest. I don't find them overwhelming, I only do what I feel will work with our time and at our age levels. We keep it light, and like the other PP mentioned, the books really speak for themselves. My nearly 4 yo DD is picking up so much just discussing things in-depth.

I haven't seen your blog before. It looks great! Thanks for posting!

• 4 weeks later...

It seems like most of the blogs mentioned here used FIAR back in 2010 or so and used homeschoolshare quite a bit. Has anyone tried the Fold-n-Learns FIAR put out? How have you used them?

I haven't used them as of yet, but wanted to mention that I was just over on the FIAR website a few days ago and they were offering ALL their fold-n-learn downloads for free if you signed up for their newsletter.