Menu

Need Christian Fiction book recommendations

Missouri Okie

I was recently introduced to Francine Rivers when my book club read Redeeming Love. I'd never read Christian fiction before, but realized this is a genre my mother would like. I'm going to buy her some books for Mother's Day and need recommendations.

She does not read much, but I recall that she used to enjoy light old-fashioned type romances like they used to publish in the Capper's Weekly (anybody remember that publication? lol).

I'm vaguely aware that there are some books in this genre involving stories of the Amish. I think she would like something like that.

I do read Amish fiction and enjoy it. A couple of good authors are Beverly Lewis and Wanda Brunstetter. Be aware that a lot of titles by both authors are series or sets, so check to make sure you get the first book in a set if you don't get the whole thing. If you want any suggestions on titles let me know.

I was recently introduced to Francine Rivers when my book club read Redeeming Love. I'd never read Christian fiction before, but realized this is a genre my mother would like. I'm going to buy her some books for Mother's Day and need recommendations.

She does not read much, but I recall that she used to enjoy light old-fashioned type romances like they used to publish in the Capper's Weekly (anybody remember that publication? lol).

I'm vaguely aware that there are some books in this genre involving stories of the Amish. I think she would like something like that.

There's TONS of Amish fiction out right now, but the one who started it all is Beverly Lewis--highly recommend if Amish is your mom's "thing."

To find like titles, genre, etc., go to FictionFinder where you can enter the criteria you're looking for to generate a list. VERY handy!