Menu

Stepmom cards?

fairfarmhand

MY mom passed 2 years ago, and I miss her so much. One thing that still stings is only buying a single mother's day card for my MIL each year.

Last year, my dad married a wonderful woman who does not try to take over the role of my mom, and I like her so much. She's just a sweet lady.

Would it be out of line to buy her a card for mother's day? Or do you think that might be awkward?

Do they even make stepmom cards? I wouldn't want to just buy her a regular mother's day card because that would be weird.

Tell me what you think.

Yes, they are available.

But I *personally* don't consider a wife that came into the picture when the child was an adult a "step mom." I was not "step mom" to Adrian's sons, for example.

To me, she'd be my Dad's wife, and I'd treat her with kindness and respect but not mother's day cards.

Is she involved with your kids? That would push it into the yes, definitely category. Everyone loves mail. I think it's a sweet gesture. I make cards on tinyprints.com (or whatever it is called now) with a picture of the kids and they address and mail the cards. Lots of non-MOM choices. :)

Edited: it's treat.com and you can edit just about any of the verbiage on the cards.

Yes, I always send my step mom a card, even more so now because she's just as much a grandma to my kids as my mom. Our grandma Mother's Day gifts are usually from the girls anyway.

I think it's just one way of showing you appreciate her. Mother's Day doesn't have to be exclusive.