Menu

Exercise Thread ~ 5/5-5/11

Negin

Well, since the autoimmune disease reared its ugly head the winter I've been down. Went I realized I could not get myself off the floor without help last week I've decided autoimmune disease be damned.

Today I walked 45 minutes at 3mph with a short burst at 3.5. I did 10 minutes of yoga stretching, 5 minutes of inversion (such as it was), and when I get done posting I'm going to do one tai chi form. That will be about 10 minutes. Oh, and I did some arm exercises with the hand weights.

Ran 2 miles Sunday.

Ran 3 miles today.

Yesterday I had something happen that hasn't happened in a long time. I got up and my feet didn't hurt. I'm hoping this means that my plantar fasciitis is finally resolving with the exercise, ice, heat and general babying of my feet.

Yesterday I taught a LesMills Combat class in the am. Then later in the afternoon, I lifted weights with my oldest son. Had to make that sacrifice to lift with him, otherwise he will not go. :sneaky2: Tomorrow is boot camp class day, lift on Wednesday, teach on Thursday, and lift weights again 1 more time between Fri. and Sun. Now that I've typed it down, I feel obligated to do it. :thumbup1: I'm like that sometimes.

Today we went to CrossFit, my first time since last Monday! I usually go 4 times weekly.

First, we had warm-up (2 rounds):

• 150m row
  • 10 overhead squats
  • 10 sit ups
  • 10 dips
  • 10 back extensions

Then we had Tabata (I'm sure that word has some meaning).

EIGHT ROUNDS (20 seconds on, 10 seconds off) of each:

• rope lay-downs (I could do it! Amazing what a couple months can do for ya!)
  • jump rope
  • Russian Twist (ouch!)
  • sit-ups

Then 800m row (was supposed to be run).

We didn't do the strength or post-WODs.

New kiddos did pretty well in playroom :)

Yesterday afternoon I played tag with the kids. If you want a kick butt cardio workout play tag. Let me tell you my kids are faster than I thought. They're like little gazelles running across the yard.

This morning I did Fitness Blender day #24 Cardio Warm Up, Toned & Curvy and Cooldown

I'm supposed to do two more routines this afternoon. I'll post those when I do them.

Done with the afternoon workouts Express Calorie Booster (2x) and Bicep/Tricep and I did the Cool down above again.

Went body boarding yesterday for 2hrs. with DD and lost my sunglasses when I misjudged a gentle wave. I can't see without my glasses-seriously blind. Without DD I would never have found the car and my extra pair of glasses. Swim fins are going to be a must for this activity. Both DD and I were spent in the late afternoon--nap time.

I've done it everyday this week. I feel good. Not sure what I'll do when I run out of Downton abbey episodes.

I'm up to an hour a day on the treadmill. No soreness today. I'm hoping to keep the same speed for the next week then bump it up. Still doing arm toners with free weights. Still doing yoga and stretching. I hope to be flexible enough to touch my toes by June 1.

Today all I did so far was the treadmill. I'm going to tai chi class in 10 minutes.

About to do: Crunch - Pick Your Spot Pilates

did a new yoga dvd. it worked up a drenching sweat. I think it will be added to my routine. I'm still trembling from it.

Kristen, which DVD was it?

Walked. No problems with the current speed. I think I'll bump it up tomorrow. Hopefully I'll be running again by the end of the month.

Good for you. :)