Menu

Whovians - Is there anyone else who isn't overly fond of Clara?

Parrothead

I loved Clara in the snowman episode and the dalek episode and was really excited to see her. To be honest (and I know a lot of you will hate me) I was thoroughly sick of Amy and Rory and thought it was time for them to go.

But this season, I don't know... The episodes just seem to be the doctor running around being amazing while everyone else watches and is amazed. I like the character development, getting to know the companion, type of episodes, and I just haven't been feeling it.

I seem to be different than a lot of you though, I loved Martha, hated Donna, disliked Amy and Rory and Eccleston is my favorite doctor. I think I could love Clara but the episodes so far have been wrong. And I won't be too sad when Matt Smith leaves, he has grown on me but I am ready for a change.

I still love Tennant's face when Jack tells them he was known as the face of boe :) It really looks like the two of them were not expecting Jack to say that like it was unscripted or at least not shared (like barbosa's reappearance at the end of Pirates 2). That or he really is an awesome actor.

Oh, they knew! You have to see the Doctor Who Confidential clip where Tennant and Barrowman talk about reading their scripts for the first time and finding that out. They were practically jumping up and down squealing like fanboys. Oh wait, they are! It's on YouTube, can't link from phone.

Terribly disappointed with the Heart of the TARDIS episode. Don't want to say anything more to ruin it for anyone. I just think there wasn't a very good plot line there. Too much run-run-run and not enough cool stuff.

I think I could get to like Clara eventually so I will keep watching.

I loved Tennant, but I could.not.stand Rose. Liked Martha, enjoyed Donna, adored the Amy/Rory pair. I do truly like Smith, too. I'm willing to like Clara, but I don't think she's come into her own yet.

Somewhere around the episode with Queen Victoria, it started to dawn on me that something was bugging me about Rose. For me, I think it's how everyone is always referring to her as a "child". What's up with that?? She's in her 20's isn't she? In Queen Victoria's time, she would have had a passel of kids already!

Oh, they knew! You have to see the Doctor Who Confidential clip where Tennant and Barrowman talk about reading their scripts for the first time and finding that out. They were practically jumping up and down squealing like fanboys. Oh wait, they are! It's on YouTube, can't link from phone.

Found it--here. And it was awesome! :thumbup: