Menu

Anyone go see "Oblivion"?

Caitilin

We saw it. I liked it, but know that it's a mash up of every scifi movie ever made. Plus they made the people of the future dress like a steam punk middle earth crew.

It sure was, I recognized Star Wars, Inception and a lot of others that I can't remember right now. I just thought it was boring.

Started waaay too slow and beat the memories to death.

Damsels in distress, waiting to be rescued by ... Tom Cruise???

Yeah, very much so. Very, umm, Mad Men-esque--beautiful woman in wiggle dress waiting patiently for her all-American man who loves fishing and football...and then the end where the woman is incomplete without her man. I found the meta-message kinda icky, I guess, and was curious what others thought of it.

This is one of those movies where we amuse ourselves by building our own version of what should have happened and deciding on which alt. version of the movie would have been better :) I was just happy to be on a date. And there were a couple of glaring mistakes that made you think "Whoops! That object should not be there."

Amber in SJ